Wiggle Room Ch. 3

Wiggle Room Ch. 3

A Chapter by Ninja Empyrean
"

Short Installment. A bridge really... the history of Dekk and Hazel presents itself a little softer here after a bit of discrepency.

"

“What the f**k?” I sat up to Testi smiling.

      “Hey! You said the last eighteen hours but you kept looping it sub-consciously at the tenth.” She shook her head. “I was watching on the monitor. That was sick Hazel. I’ll never understand you boys.”

      I jumped off of the operations table and ripped the IV from my skin. My thoughts vibrated for a moment as the light-band dissipated. Tresti shook her head again as I walked out of medical. I stalked down the A.M.R.I.C.S. agency’s cold corridors, naked; then I reached Dekk’s office, bulled through the door to his surprise, too see the replay of my tenth hour on his vidi-screen.

He got the full Monty, and then he got the finger.

      “Hey… Hazel.” He hesitated. “You know I have no restriction to agency content?” His voice trailed.

      “I want that f*****g drink.”

      “Ok ok ok.” Dekk reaches for his off-world stash, muttering.

       “Number one Dekk, your exact words were” My voice turned gravel, “A couple of old guys have the box.” Yea I set fire to that rat hole, just like you set fire to precision weaponry last quarter. I walked into four definite ex-militants. Two, sure I softened that Ar bag streeter by Miriams, what should concern you is the lizard �" when I left they were both one ten and it was staring stone like the rest of their lot, I might have had a shadow. Three, you’re eddying my subconscious so you can massage your dripping prick back here - you want some action old man then take my place.”

      We stared at each other for days until his face softened.

      “And Maker help me I want my thirty percent.” I growl.

Dekk sighs, “Fine.”

“F**k you.”

“F**k you Hazel.” Dekk smiles, “How about that drink?”

Although I tried to fortify my composure with dangerously close anger, he was a friend. I couldn’t help but too digress into an adolescent grin, “How about that drink?” I replied.



© 2013 Ninja Empyrean


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013


Author

Ninja Empyrean
Ninja Empyrean

Saint Louis, MO



About
I am 36 year old sanguine aries. I like poetry and short stories, photography, billiards, sobriety, running barefoot & carefree. I have a B.A. in History & Psychology. Some of my favortie authors are .. more..

Writing