Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by MW-Ent-Industries
"

The precursor to the events in Ripper.

"

1, Commercial Street, Whitechapel, 1894

Jackson Wright woke up. He had lately dozed off for no apparent reason while eating his dinner. It wasn't as if he was over-worked, as his family was the richest in Whitechapel. "Jackson?" asked his mother, Margaret Wright. "Why are you sleeping?" 
"Did you exhaust yourself playing football with those children from Hanbury again?! They are a bad influence!" said his father, William Wright. 
"No, I did none of that, Father. I just felt a little fatigued." answered Jackson. 
"Well then, Jackie, it's off to bed you go!" said Margaret. 
"Now?" asked Jackson. The sun had just gone down. 
"Yes, now! And don't talk back to me! Who has taught you all these vile concepts? You ought to know to respect your elders." replied Margaret. 
"But Mother, what did I do wrong exactly?" inquired Jackson. 
William answered, "Why can't you just listen to your mother? Stop being insubordinate or we'll kick you right out. " 
Jackson frowned. He still didn't know what he'd done wrong.

"Now, Jack, you hurry off to bed. Your mother and I have some business to take care of at Goulston. We will be back in a flash. Got that, Jackson?" 
"Yes, Father." replied Jackson. It was annoying that his parents never seemed to trust him. But such was life in those days with even the most meager of tasks.

However, Jackson would come to rue the night his parents walked out of that door. It would be the last time he ever saw them alive.



© 2016 MW-Ent-Industries


Author's Note

MW-Ent-Industries
How fun is it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on November 24, 2016
Last Updated on November 24, 2016
Tags: mw, ripper, prologue


Author

MW-Ent-Industries
MW-Ent-Industries

Orange City, FL



About
MW Entertainment Industries (or MW) is a studio bringing some fresh blood on to the landscape of comics, novels, poems, short stories, video games and other mediums. NEW. BIG. BOLD. MW. more..

Writing



Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)