The Water Started It

The Water Started It

A Story by Madeline Derujinsky
"

7-28-2013

"

There we were sitting in my white-washed room the light coming in from the one window, blocked with bars. There you are looking through the things on my messy desk and here I am laying on my white comforter in my socks and gray sweat pants and bright orange top, when you turned, “What is this?” Disgust filled your voice. “Why don’t you just drink normal water like normal people? What is it with you and water with seeds and black water and fortified fruit water?” 

“HEY! Don’t judge me!” I sat up just so you knew I wasn’t kidding and I pull you closer.
“No, seriously why don’t you just drink normal water?”
At this point I cant even answer you because your face is so close to mine and I’m looking up into your dark brown eyes. Nose to nose, forehead to forehead. Your breath hot against my cool lips. “Don’t judge me...” And you interrupted me with a kiss, a soft slow kiss, something to savor after you leave. we just laid there, breathing each other in. Swimming in each others arms, our hearts beating at the same, even, slow pace. Deeper breaths and slower kissing, our hands searching as if for the first time. When you broke the silence. “I love when you do that.”
“Do what?” you softly grabbed my hand and rubbed your chest in a circular motion just as I had moments before. “Oh.”  I partially giggled and then a sigh left my parted lips.
“What? What’s wrong?” the amount of worry in your voice was alarming. I was quick to assure that nothing was ‘wrong’. “This is just different. This feels good, this feels right. I like this.” I looked at you, I searched your face as if it was the first time I saw you, and when I finally got to your eyes, you whispered.. “I love you.” You hadn’t said those three words in a long time, it felt so good to hear you say it. I didn’t say it back, I didn’t have to, I knew that you knew that I love you. And I do, and I have for a very long time and I will for even longer.

© 2013 Madeline Derujinsky


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on July 29, 2013
Last Updated on July 29, 2013
Tags: water, love, boyfriend, happy, kissing

Author

Madeline Derujinsky
Madeline Derujinsky

Los Angeles, CA



About
Hi I'm Madeline, my friends call me madsky or mads but I'm cool with anything. I'm a seventeen year old high school senior. I love acting, films, photography, writing, art in general. I thi.. more..

Writing