You're all wrong

You're all wrong

A Poem by Mac. S
"

And that's okay

"
And that's okay. Because that's our gift as humans. To go through our entire lives thinking we are right. It let's us live happy, and contentful for a while. Sometimes we come to a point that we think we're wrong, and amend our beliefs to once again, think we're right.

It doesn't matter who we are, what we believe. We're wrong, and then we say others are wrong because how could they be right if we're right, right? I refuse to believe that any human being would believe in something without merit or evidence presented to them in their life. I don't think we are so ridiculous. So this belief of mine leads to one conclusion.

We're all wrong. But if so, who's right? The gods? The devils? The scientists that denounce both?

Well, the answer is in a part of us that I think goes untapped, neglected, even ignored for our convienience. Even people who seek this holier-than-us part are wrong. This part of us, that connects us all, comes from what I think are our dead gods. I don't consider myself religious because I don't put my faith into what I believe are dead gods. Rather I put my faith into humans, people.

I'm too young to have seen it all, and i'll be too young, still, even when i'm near death. Yet, for now, I believe I am right for putting faith in people, that all people are good in their own way. This belief has led me to have a tolerance of everyone's beliefs if they have what I think are reasonable reasons.

The point of this is to say, that no matter what side of the fence you are on, you're still in a pen aren't you? The pen that holds all beliefs new and old. The pen that is our humanity. The pen that keeps our happiness, sadness, and protects us all from the truth, whatever is may be.

Don't bother trying to escape this pen, it's our gift so we shouldn't let it goto waste. Rather, instead of looking across the fence, look outside of the pen on occasion. See that we all stand on the same ground, the same earth. No matter what fences we build in this pen of ours. Realise that we, you, are all wrong.

Maybe then we can stop building fences that we take sides on and start building bridges, to eachother and to the outside of this pen. But this is just my belief, and I'm probably wrong: So feel free to build me a fence. Afterall, It's your gift to be wrong and believe you're right.

© 2018 Mac. S


Author's Note

Mac. S
Ignore whatever issues there are, It's late and I haven't written in a long while.

And excuse my absence, a lot of life stuff came up. This is still my place to vent my thoughts and, on a whim, "express myself"

Regardless I hope you enjoy, i've been thinking about starting a fiction based around fear and it's effects on us.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this is very thoughtfully written. I hope you continue!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
1 Review
Added on July 26, 2018
Last Updated on July 26, 2018

Author

Mac. S
Mac. S

About
I'm another writer, posting stuff on this site for archival purposes mainly. I'm a rather young person that wants to use my writing to help people through their troubles that I might relate to. I l.. more..

Writing
Horizons Horizons

A Story by Mac. S


First:Balance First:Balance

A Story by Mac. S


Moon-lit Icarus Moon-lit Icarus

A Story by Mac. S