Horizons

Horizons

A Story by Mac. S
"

Thoughts on perspective, in a simpler way for me to understand.

"
It's funny how we limit ourselves mentally. We live on a planet with horizons, the end of our visual perception. We are limited by our human bodies but I'm a devour believer that our minds are far stronger than we let ourselves believe, that our minds need no tools to help them, only the problems to work on and ability to work on all angles.

We create our own mental horizons, limitations. We can't perceive or understand past it because we set it and it's hard to get past this limitation. I don't think that we can use "mind over matter" for physiological issues or chemical imbalances, but I think alot of things we do to help out mind along is just like all tools: it's the easy way. And the easy way leads to the lazy way. It has its goods and bads, but to me, atleast, our minds should be left alone. And we should focus on expanding our horizon.

I live in constant doubt, I believe that's because I constantly force myself to doubt my own beliefs, to the point that I read more about my opposite stance than my own. And yet still I am rarely 'suaded from what I believe. I have no issue with changing my belief, I have no issue with compromising my spiritual security if it means getting a better, more sensical, truth. I believe they're is a "time and place" for everything. For every saying, and the sayings that counter that.

Maybe if we look at people going through the same things we are, we can know what is appropriate. What we needed to hear at that time. Maybe we can use our gut level judgment to decide what saying, what course of action is best to apply. I suppose much like medicine, but more based on instinct and feeling. I feel like we can help alot more people if we remember the fluidity of every situation and take a step back in life.

Of course taking a step back is situational aswell. I've backed up so far away sometimes that I can see all the beautiful moments I might share with the person I love, in the future. But im so far in the past, in the present, to reach forward and grab it. And so sometimes we also need to take a step closer, enjoy the simpler things. From a simpler perspective.

I truly believe there is a balance in all things, quite possibly the hardest thing for me in life is finding this balance. This is just my experience but I can't ever seem to make the right decision. When I regret, I should be taking initiative and be aggressive. When I am upfront and straight forward: simple, I should be taking a step back and considering my past, and what I want. I always seem to be doing the wrong thing.

I hope you, atleast one of you if you've read this far, can find a balance. Can find a way to let all things in at times, and at times let only the things you love in. The things that make us question our existence and purpose, and the things that make that answer far too simple to explain. We're also human though, so maybe we crave imbalance, or maybe we can't control it. I've never seen a teeter-totter stop the tottering.

© 2018 Mac. S


Author's Note

Mac. S
Ignore spelling mistakes. Im drunk so im sure theyre there. I hope you enjoy though and will leave foodbag. Telling me what im good and not good at keeps me in a mental zone when im writing for others and not myself

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on September 9, 2018
Last Updated on September 9, 2018

Author

Mac. S
Mac. S

About
I'm another writer, posting stuff on this site for archival purposes mainly. I'm a rather young person that wants to use my writing to help people through their troubles that I might relate to. I l.. more..

Writing
First:Balance First:Balance

A Story by Mac. S


Moon-lit Icarus Moon-lit Icarus

A Story by Mac. S