Mama Spider

Mama Spider

A Story by Madeline Ashwell
"

A girl steps on a spider

"

Mama Spider


Once upon a time, in the distorted world on the underside of ours, there lived a giant spider called Lady Wolf of the Family Lycosidae who was very powerful, and feared by everyone. She knew this of course, but despite this she insisted that everyone call her Mama Spider.


Mama Spider had 61 children that she took care of on her own. (It was rumored that she had eaten her husband's soul in a fit of rage one day.) As you can imagine, this was a very difficult task, even for a spider as powerful as she was. Mama Spider was very protective and loved each of her children dearly, so the thought of anything happening to one of her little spiders often made her anxious.


One day, a young girl who had become lost during a rainstorm, took shelter in Mama Spider's home. The girl, of course, had no idea where she was and had no idea that 61 little spiders were running around all over the place. So, while wandering around, she accidentally stepped on one. She thought nothing of it at first, because where she came from, squishing a spider was no big deal. But once all the little spiders realized what had happened, they ran to Mama Spider in a panicked frenzy. Mama Spider wept as she listened in horror to the news that one of her children was dead, and once her other children had finished she rushed over to where the girl stood, tackled the girl to the ground, and ate her.


The End

© 2012 Madeline Ashwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on September 19, 2012
Last Updated on September 19, 2012
Tags: Horror, Short Story, Spiders, Fable

Author

Madeline Ashwell
Madeline Ashwell

About
Writer, and future published author. I am currently working on my first novel which will, (hopefully,) be released in the summer of 2013. https://twitter.com/MadelineAshwell more..

Writing