Wandering Into Inferno

Wandering Into Inferno

A Story by Madeline Ashwell
"

Tunnel, with walls black as coal...

"

Tunnel, with walls black as coal. Feeling her way around, looking like a drunken fool. Cutting her hands on the sharp edges, she screams no more. The pain is familiar, no longer an unwanted surprise, but a comfort. She had not fallen into the abyss yet.


An orange glow appears, like a small candle. A strange invader. Not from ahead or above, but under. The floor was bright now. Orange as a pumpkin, and warm. The heat rose, she began to sweat, the droplets racing each other down her face and diving off of her nose.


Unfamiliar light, no comfort gained from it. The heat claws at her throat, griping it tight and squeezing with powerful force. She gags. Her breath is gone. She lies down onto the floor, her face stings and burns as she slowly succumbs to her inevitable fate. Her palms lie flat, blisters forming. This new pain. She cannot scream. She is gone, and left only a pile of ash behind.

© 2012 Madeline Ashwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on September 19, 2012
Last Updated on September 19, 2012
Tags: Horror, Short Story, Death

Author

Madeline Ashwell
Madeline Ashwell

About
Writer, and future published author. I am currently working on my first novel which will, (hopefully,) be released in the summer of 2013. https://twitter.com/MadelineAshwell more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5