3 days before the outbreak

3 days before the outbreak

A Chapter by Madi Bell

My breath was taken away as I got off the plane and out of the airport. It was beautiful. The blue sky was clear of any clouds. The birds happily sang as they flew over the quiet town. People looked oh-so-happy and it put a smile on my face.

    My parents had been divorced for a month now and I had the decision if I wanted to stay with my mom or if I wanted to stay with my dad. I choose my mom. Her name is Ashley but I call her Ash. So my mom lives in Canada and a very rural part of Canada too, one with fewer people than the capital. Ash was a very quiet person never fought or yelled at anyone before. But, my mom and dad got into a fight over a financial problem because my dad couldn’t see my mom as he does travel from state to state for work in America. So my mom had said that it just wasn’t working for her and wanted a divorce. I was never really close to my dad so I didn’t care as much as I would’ve if I was close to him.

    So I have been in college ever since I got out of high school and just now was moving back home. I was excited to see Ash again but I was scared at the same time. I went to America without my mom’s consent and I always thought she would hate me and not ever wanna see me after I had left.

    My feet walked down the stairs and my bags fell down behind me as I walked. I smelt cotton candy from down the street and followed the scent of the delicious candy cloud. When I got there I read how much it was and it was quite low, only $4, I bought the candy cloud and smiled “Thank you, kind sir!” I signed and he smiled and nodded as I licked my lips when I stared at the candy cloud. I walked toward where Ash’s house was and was happily greeted by her at the door “Angelica! Welcome home sweetheart!” she led me to my room and let me nap for a while. Only, I slept for the whole day.


© 2018 Madi Bell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on March 28, 2018
Last Updated on March 28, 2018


Author

Madi Bell
Madi Bell

Boonville, NC



About
I'm a 13, almost 14, year old writer and I was hoping to share my story. I want feedback and help writing my current story too. more..

Writing