9 to 5

9 to 5

A Poem by Mohammed Mansoor Al-Raisi

Burning rays scorch the land, choicelessly makes you look down. It burns a light so bright, so hard to see. Walk a few steps, walk with me. Lent eyes tell no lies, see what's been done, know demise. Oceans so deep and skies so blue, a cage to stop you. A broken clock, right twice, once is now and again is gone. Do you feel sanity slip? You do not feel, cannot feel. A wilderness once a desert now, the soul is dry, senseless and bland. Mountains once tall and strong wither as windswept dust. Here you are now, nothing but a number. Go with the flow, make ends meet. Safe in your homes but not safe alone. These thoughts mustn't linger, you must be kept in line. Gray you are and gray you see, reality denies sobriety. You think you are and you think you'll be. The machine decides, not you nor me.

© 2014 Mohammed Mansoor Al-Raisi


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It carries one of the biggest concerns of the world .. how humans are becoming slaves ..working like everyday robots and not finding enough time to rejoice .. nice work there..this will touch everyone out there :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Added on July 29, 2014
Last Updated on July 29, 2014