To Morrow

To Morrow

A Poem by Malen

To Morrow,

I just cannot understand what goes through the heads of mankind, Marrow. I
have placed articulated commentary in many of forums just to be driven away by snarling idiocy and name calling. For example -- Marrow my dear friend -- these creatures may it be, seem to call each other "trolls" and forcefully call out in derogatory about their political party affiliation. This is only one mere conversation, in one facet. Marrow my dear, it's astounding!

My friend, you mean to tell me that you infiltrate these forums and talk in a sensible manner just to be provoked into play as a child?

Morrow, it is about the most odd behavior I have experienced. The people wonder why they are so unhappy with their political position in this world, this confounds me more. You would think that they could figure it out by looking at their own asinine discussions. You must wonder what would happen if you put them face to face, in one room and have them speak. Would everyone remain silent and coy? Or would a fight that could rival any toddler employ?

My dear friend, are you sure you mind is unbent? Freedom rings, the people sing? Where must this time have went?

Morrow, my mind is quite alright, to include my very sight. I do not say this to bring you pun. It is by far, far from fun. Rallied behind false intent, stories their leaders bleed. Wounds presented to trick, deceive, and do as they please. Money rules them all, as so many, many fall. Holding up what? A system that doesn't work? Claiming they want better, raising voices high, as their favorite politician, just drives by. His car worth more than a families annual income. Morrow, my dear friend, the money that could be spent to provide a life, for so so very many.

My friend, can it be? A world given free and they. Put up their prices for something they didn't win? Earth is not to be owned, by one nation alone, by one politician on any mission. What about food and water? Do the people suffer?

Morrow, you may not want to hear it, even I do not care to see it. They starve and fight, for a mere bite of rice. When the people create a way, to survive beyond a day. They come in and take their rights away, demanding they must pay! Not even a drop of rain can they collect without facing debt. They cage the people over a simple use of plant and demand they take pills in place. Nutrition is seen, as a past thing as they manufacture ways, to augment natures gifts. The machine out of control, Morrow it destroys my soul.

My friend, you see the tears fill my eyes, do you think it is to late?

Morrow, I do not. There are those who fight and plea, trying as they might, to fight the good fight. A change the people need. A breaking down of systems, a fight against they way things have come to be. Science and nature, should reside together, but business and control has stolen so many souls. It will not be easy, many may not survive, but if they all just stood together, a better world would thrive. Morrow, morrow, if only I was more than just today.

© 2015 Malen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a speech. It's not a story. You're addressing the public; I guess you could call it a poem, since you're addressing an audience.
Anyway, the topic is discussed by so many eager writers, but it seems no one gives it the attention it needs, at least not here in the west, they don't. Books could be written about this, but I'm glad you summed it up in one short poem. We need more people like you. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Malen

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate you taking a moment to read it.
It's not a story,.. read more
I liked the thoughts and the logic of the poem.
"Science and nature, should reside together, but business and control has stolen so many souls. It will not be easy, many may not survive, but if they all just stood together, a better world would thrive. Morrow, morrow, if only I was more than just today. "
I do today is important. Tomorrow is possibility. Yesterday was just education. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry. You made me think today.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


I made some to fix a few spelling/grammar goofs.
My editing is not always perfect.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I hear the voice of a warrior.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Malen

9 Years Ago


Warriors are such wonderful spirits that are in need.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 28, 2015
Last Updated on February 28, 2015

Author

Malen
Malen

About
I love to write. It is how I connect, reflect, introspect, and express. I tend to keep to myself, but love to interact. Creative minds and reaching souls always inspire me. I enjoy diversity and eccle.. more..

Writing
Sunless Sunless

A Poem by Malen


Reflections Reflections

A Poem by Malen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dad Dad

A Poem by MOON