Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Malleteditor

In a world far from Earth, there were five species of humanoids. These five lived in a distinct hierarchy, with the worst species performing the worst jobs. All five lived on a planet with only one land mass, a planet called Mezovga.

The lowest species on the totem pole were humans. Humans were meek, fearful creatures who performed the worst jobs in society. There were some free humans, but most of them were slaves to the other four species. They were lucky if they lived past age twenty; most of them died from starvation or disease.

The next two species were the vampires and the werewolves. These tribes were equals who shared their food and knowledge with each other. Both were creatures of the night. Vampires were all tall and pale creatures who drank the blood of their human slaves to survive. Contrary to the slave legends, vampires were born, not made. Humans who were bitten had their blood drained and their bodies given to the werewolves. They lived in covens, with coven leaders all submitting to the Supreme Vampire.

Werewolves were humanoids who could shape shift into wolves. They did not need the light of the moon to transform, but they preferred the dark to hunt. They had a treaty with the vampires that allowed them to take the drained bodies of humans for their food. They mostly lived in packs, and had an alpha male and an alpha female leader.

The second most important species on Mezovga was the druids. The druids were masters of woodland magic, and they lived in the mountainous regions of the planet. Druids had staffs that channeled their powers, and all could talk to animals. They did not have human slaves, and they considered themselves above the rest of society.

The most powerful members of society were the magi. Divided into five tribes, the magi controlled different elements of life. They were immune from the powers of the other four species, but could be killed in battle. Every other species was frightened of the magi, because they could be killed with a word. Each magi tribe member had glowing eyes and streaks of hair that symbolized their power.

  The most powerful tribe was the Necromancer Tribe, who’s spells controlled death and life itself. Half of that tribe could cause terrible diseases and injuries, while the other half could heal those same diseases. A King and Queen, who had one daughter, ruled the Necromancers. Their eyes glowed ice blue.

The other four tribes controlled one of the four elements. Flame, Earth, Sky, and Water all answered to the Necromancer tribe. The Flame tribe had glowing red eyes, the Earth tribe had green eyes, the Sky tribe had purple eyes, and the Water tribe had navy blue eyes.

All of the magi tribes lived in harmony for thousands of years. Then came the Great Magi War, a battle between all five tribes that devastated the surrounding countryside. The magi were completely obliterated in the chaos. When the smoke cleared, the druids retreated up to the mountains. The vampires and werewolves nearly wiped themselves out fighting for supremacy. When the smoke cleared, only the humans were strong enough to make a stand.

The humans have been in control for over three thousand years. The druids have not been seen during that time, and all vampires and werewolves that are caught by the humans are locked up and executed. The magi have been completely forgotten by the history books. The only memory is an ancient prophecy in the very back of the oldest library in the world. This prophecy said:

The princess fair

Came out from the ground

After thousands of years of rest

She came above

Looking for her people

And her lovely place of rest

But she will not come back

Until she meets

Her lover of thousands of years

The tattoos will burn

The air will glow

And the Magi return



© 2014 Malleteditor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on January 26, 2014
Last Updated on January 26, 2014