Snow

Snow

A by Säde Ryder
"

a random thought on a frigid day

"

The snow comes swiftly, sheltered by the cold darkness. It thrives at night, setting its snare in the form of an unassuming blanket of crystals. The white softness suffocates and paralyzes. The pale sun fights in weakness to obliterate every last crystal; the clouds counter its cause and only trap the cold air beneath the atmosphere, pressing it down to earth. The freezing environment falls in submission to the ice. The crystalline fields shimmer in radiance, a marvelous display of nature’s jewels. The beauty destroys man’s creations; survival becomes a herculean task. The pure smoothness distorts into hideous, brown piles of slush as horrible machines storm through the frigid barrier, unapologetically marring nature’s wonder. Convenience is a necessity; beauty of this sort is frivolous. Instead of adapting, he alters his surroundings to serve his own purpose. Is he at fault? Who may bestow judgment upon him?

© 2008 Säde Ryder


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a wonderful image of such silent beauty with the earth blanketed in natures cold snow!
It covers over all that man has created!
It's like the one thing that makes all men equal, when the snow and ice fall and we humans are just stones slipping and sliding all over the place!
Great Job! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


This reminds me of today. Actually, it just snowed several inches here and I kept staring outside while reading this. Very well- written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is lovely and I felt as I was walking beside you or listening to you tell me the story of this poem as I read it. You have some truly beautiful descriptions and images in this and I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on February 8, 2008

Author

Säde Ryder
Säde Ryder

Denver, CO



About
I play with chemicals and consume fiction. Rain brings me joy and heat evokes misery. My pet is a jar of crystals. I was born in '84 on Independence day. Here are a few stories I enjoy: SparksA S.. more..

Writing
Euphony Euphony

A Story by Säde Ryder