Biblical Study for the First Book of Peter

Biblical Study for the First Book of Peter

A Chapter by Kk End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne

Biblical Study for the First Book of Peter

By: David Duque From Manna Wisdom.

 

    The book of Frist Peter was written in about the year 62 to 64 A.D.

     �" (A. D. stands for the Latin phrase “anno domini” and this stand “in the year of our Lord.” This dating systems was not used until many years later after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It was not until about two to three hundred years later when this dating acronym was accepted.)

    The Apostle Peter was one of the 12 Apostles who witnessed the Power of our LORD Jesus Christ and he was the Apostle who Jesus specifically spoke over these words, “18. And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.” (Matthew 16:18).  Peter is the author of this Scripture and this is stated in the very first verse, “Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ” (1 Peter 1:1).

    �" (Origins of the word Church. The word Church comes from the Greek word ekkl�"sía and two thousand years ago this term was only used by the Romains to a gather of it citizens and to called them out from their homes into public area for an assembly.)

     It is believed that Peter wrote this epistle in Rome because he mentions at the end of the epistle as he is closing, 1 Peter 5:13, The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.  Although Peter says the church from “Babylon” it is understood to have been a symbolic reference to Rome.

    It is known that the Apostle Peter’s death occurred around the time that emperor Nero was in power in about 65 A.D. Peter died in Roman in the 65 A.D. or around the same time frame when emperor Nero began a widespread persecution of all of the Christians in.

    The Apostle Peter wrote two epistles, Frist Peter and Second Peter and in the next Biblical study I will speak about Second Peter. The early Christian Church was persecuted. (Just as today and our brethren are dying overseas at the hands of ISIS). The epistle of Frist Peter is an epistle that greatly speaks about Jesus Christ Faithfulness in our suffering, trails and persecutions. Peter teaches that we must stay true to our faith in Jesus no matter what is happening to us and around us because our LORD is control.  1 Peter 1: 7, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ .Here Peter touches on two key points they are, that we believers must be tested to be found praise in the sight of God and the non-believers so they (the non-believers) may see Christ in us and with our testimony they could come to Christ.  The other key point is that like Jesus, we will face afflictions but God will glorify Himself in you. Peter affirms and reminds us of our identity in Jesus Christ, this is noted in 1 Peter 2:9. 1 Peter 2:9, But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. This is a very powerful verse because this shows us the magnitude of what Jesus did for All humanity that through Him (Jesus Christ) we may part take in the blessings, promises and glory of God. This verse ties into the definition of Church, because once we accepted Jesus Christ as our LORD and saver; we become citizens of His kingdom (The Kingdom of Haven) and calls of out from the world to assembly with Him in prayer, fellowship, reading and studying His word, changing our old behavior and modeling us to be more like Him and to do His work and His will in our live. This is the true concept of Christianity.    

   Peter goes into more detail to show us the magnitude of what Jesus did for us when He died for us on the cross so that we could reconnect with the Kingdom after our fallen state due to sin. 1 Peter 2:24, "He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed." This verse refers to humanity’s sinful nature which entered through Adam and Eve in the garden when they ate the forbidden fruit. It shines the light on the fact that once we accept Jesus as our LORD and saver we are healed by His wounds and live for righteousness, live for God and apart ourselves from our old ways of life and live for the Kingdom.     

     Peter in this epistle reaffirms to the brethren that we must be aware and mindful to control ourselves in times of suffering (whether it is physical, mental, and emotional) and reminder that we (the followers in Christ Jesus) are fighting against the evil principalities that make war against God and his elect. This is noted in 1 Peter 5:8-9, "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings”. Peter also brings up the fact that you are not alone, that our brothers are going through the same suffering. To be honest, we do not know what are brethren are going thought or what they are suffering.  Therefore we must pray for one another.

     I would like to bring to light the fact that the first believers had in Jesus Christ suffered greatly at the hands of emperor Nero (research what emperor Nero did) but yet the first believers died for Christ and to follow His teachings because they could have dined to be Christians and they would not have been killed, beaten, or attacked. But they refused to dine Jesus and even today Christians are being beheaded for believing in Jesus Christ. There has to be a truth to Jesus and His teachings for Christian to lay down their own lives then to renounce Jesus. It is a proven fact that ISIS would and still ask the Christian to dine Christ and convert to Islam and they wouldn’t be killed and they (the Christians) refuse to dine Christ. �" Look up the news articles - 

    For the Glory to come to you, you have to Open Your Mouth and proclaim that Jesus Christ is your LORD and Saver.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey everyone, 

     Brief history on why we at Manna Wisdom choose to write these Biblical Studies because we got tired of looking around for real short and to the point Biblical Studies that really captured the true word of God and not religious concepts that are Biblical. That is why we have made this page and will post studies on every book in the Bible as well as answer any and all questions you may have.

      Feel free to message us at [email protected].

 



© 2017 Kk End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on June 20, 2017
Last Updated on June 20, 2017
Tags: life, love, faith, truth, spirital


Author

Kk End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne
Kk End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne

Noble Park, Australian Capital Territory, Australia



About
KK End of ­Lease Clea­ning Melbo­urne offer­s the bond­ back clea­ning servi­ces in Mel­bourne for­ residenti­al and com­mercial ar­ea. You ca­n cal.. more..

Writing