Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Iain
"

It starts of slow I know but I'll get there.

"

 

 

                As I ran down the abandon high way I came to a plaza where people were rioting more or less fighting for supplies to wait out this disaster. (A/N: it’s just a parking lot with a lot of stores, I couldn’t think of a better name)No sooner did I get there I hear gun shots and the people started  stampeding for safety, unfortunately I got trampled and  passed out.

                I   awoke with a splitting head ach in the back of an ambulance, I punched a wall from the pain only to have my hand started bleeding, I shook it off and stepped out of the ambulance only for the morning sun to bother me more, ‘god this is worse than a hangover’. I stumbled toward the closest shop and sat down ageist a wall and tried to get my bearings.

                No sooner did I sit down did I see a short figure walking around started approaching  me, I stood up only for it to be a small boy. “Who the hell are you” he asked?”

“The name’s Dane.”

“I’m Sam.”

“Ooooookkkkkaaaayyy.”

“Are you gunna help us get out of here.”

“Wasn’t planning on it but I’ll see what I can do. “

“By any chance have you seen a guy named Ricardo?”

“Umm… You want to tell me what he looks like.”

“Dark long wavy hair, dark eyes, tan skin, wears a suit?”

 “Uhh… Can’t say that I have, why was he suppose to help you?”

“Yeah he said he would come back for us if he found a way out.”

“Well if you let me rest a minute I’ll help, but what do you mean by we,” I said finally ending the conversation. “My sister who’s injured is unconscious is lying in the corner, I really don’t want to stay here any longer because I don’t know how much longer she’ll last,” he said starting to look worried. “Don’t worry I’ll get you guys out of here,” I said, ‘I hope’.

After about a half hour of waiting I got up and walked out the back exit. I continue back to town to try and see if there was a way out. As I walked back to town I saw a van driving by and I tried to flag him down. The van came to a stop and opened the door, there were about six people squeezed into that van. “Get in” yelled the driver.” Wait do you have any room for two more,” I asked?

“That’s about all we got left.”

“Damn it, I know this is a bad way of saying it but can I leave them with you.”

“Sure, but who are they”

“It’s a small boy and his sister, and the girl badly needs medical attention.”

“That sounds pretty close to what that Spanish guy told us.”

“Spanish guy?”

“Yeah you know him, he said his name was Ricardo or something, anyway we ran into him on the other side of town?”

“No but I’ve heard of him.”

“Well where are the two people you talked about?”

“I left them somewhere safe, can you drive me there?”

“Yeah get in.”

                After five minutes of driving I arrived back at the plaza, I ran into the store to grab Sam and his sister, I put his sister in the car and Sam climbed in after him. ”Where are you gunna sit Dane,” Sam asked me. “I’m not coming but I’ll be fine don’t worry about me.” I replied.

                I closed the door and walked over to the driver. “Here and here.” He said has he handed me a hand gun and a flare gun.

“Umm… Thanks but what’s the flare gun for.”

“Listen… Go to Mastic Beach, we have a boat waiting on Fire Island, as soon as you get to Mastic Beach set off the flare, you got two weeks and we will pick up any survivors you find,” the driver then closed the door and took off.

End of chapter 1

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Iain


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on July 20, 2010
Last Updated on July 20, 2010


Author

Iain
Iain

Sayville, NY



About
I really don't have much to say but I do have and account on another site call fictionpress.com and the reason i made my name Manual was because im half Spanish and that what my name was suppose to be.. more..

Writing