The Fire

The Fire

A Story by Just Manoosh
"

Written Feb 07, pre-deletion day.

"

The Fire

What extinguishes our fire, is it loss, age or the disheartening truth?

Somepeople go their whole lives without harnessing the fire in their soul, I am not one of these people.  Throughout my life I have fed this fire, it fuels my very lifeforce.  It is as much a part of me as my hands, my bones, my blood, my mind.

 

Recently I see my fire as a curse rather than a gift. 

 

I am starting to realise that perhaps my spirit and belief are what keeps me from being happy.  Who am I to want more? what makes me different? what makes me special?

 

Others look into the night and see the dark ....... I look into the night and thank the stars for their light.

Every day man looks forward to the winters end ....... but I, I see no end, I see one beautiful circle, each seasons as beautiful as the last.

 

How often do you hear a person saying "I have nothing left" ....... I on the other hand say you are wrong, when Pandora's box was empty there was one more thing left inside, hope.

 

Here I pose the age old question, if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear, does it really make a sound?

 

What is the point of a fire burning brightly when there is no-one to see its beautiful flames? Maybe the world is right, quench our own flames and warm ourselves with the burning embers.

 

I wish the walking stick was enough.

 

I do not conquer.

 

 

© 2008 Just Manoosh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very insightful. i like this line best: "Others look into the night and see the dark ....... I look into the night and thank the stars for their light."

it takes a lot to be able to see beyond all the negativity that surrounds us. but to find the light just a little past them is truly worth the trouble.

this fire you speak of. it is your blessing. rekindle it. :)

beautiful words!

Posted 17 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on February 7, 2008

Author

Just Manoosh
Just Manoosh

Wonderland, South East England., United Kingdom



About
Music Playlist at MixPod.com Outside the Cafe Esperanza e inspiraci�n (Hope and Inspiration) Everyday without exception I shed silent tears. Just ask me, I won't bite. N.. more..

Writing