Late night shift 2.2

Late night shift 2.2

A Story by Skyfullofstars
"

Memories

"
Trying to figure out which memories hurt most. The good ones - coz u remember how pure, natural and real everything was? Or the bad ones - when they make u question how pure, natural and real everything was?
I now remember when I used to drive 40km to his work on his lunch break just to bring him some kfc. Or that day when he was sick, working on the shooting range, so i drove with a glass of honey and lemon mixture in my hand so that he can eat it fresh up and help him go through the day... I remember the look in his eyes... It was so pure. The smile on his face was the sweetest. The sound of his voice when he said 'i love u, please don't leave me, we r soulmates, please stay.'
I am trying not to cry when I imagine how he lied... When i remember how he looked in my eyes and just left... So it was u that left me, my soulmate, not me. I was always there. But if u left me once, why did u come back? Why didn't u just let me go?
Why did I believe in u again? Why did i give u another chance? And why did u make the same choice again? Moreover, why after all this, u still did not let me go?
I wish u well...and i wish u away. Even though it's breaking my heart into pieces everytime i let u go...

© 2016 Skyfullofstars


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I had chuckled with the first few questions... Only because I had related to them on a "could you be more right?" kind of level. Those good and bad memories, which ones outweigh the other, take precedence in ones thoughts when regarding a love, a relationship lost... My lover had never made me question, it was always me, always my mouth, my fears and hesitations that had caused the trouble, forced a wedge, so mine is not to blame. "I am trying not to cry when I imagine how he lied..." I had used to feel this way too. Until I had realized that each declaration of love, however brief they seemed, were my lover's truths in that moment. This entire piece, Skyfullofstars, is utterly relatable to so many... Needs to be written. Needs to ask these questions. To inspire consideration in your audiences minds. Your words both break my heart, and yet, remind me of strength. I so hope you continue to share!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Skyfullofstars

7 Years Ago

Thank you for ur words again. I can omly imagine how many people go through the same situation and f.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
1 Review
Added on August 24, 2016
Last Updated on August 24, 2016

Author

Skyfullofstars
Skyfullofstars

About
I just turned 30. I am a doctor. Wish I knew how to heal broken hearts 😊 more..

Writing