Advice please?

Advice please?

A Story by Marcus Walker

In the village pub, at the main dinner table, the Auntie was drunkenly holding court at one end of the table. She lead each side in laughter, she thought it was because she was telling killer jokes, but it was probably more to do with her dress falling down, not to mention that her inebriated state took from her the ability to hold a full wine glass straight, without spilling all over her food.

   Someone of her age would be expected by any family member to be decent among her brother and sisters, especially when the dinner is actually a celebration of their mothers passing.


But no, she instead carries on dribbling out what she believes is pure gold. The Auntie was about to gt onto the subject of her sister Mary's ex-boyfriend. Mary quickly changes the subject.

"Mum once told me a story about the park gran took her to as a child."

© 2013 Marcus Walker


Author's Note

Marcus Walker
I'm trying to work on my first opennglines of story, reviews please??????

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very good opening. It leads into alot of good mystery, like what happened to the mother? Why is the Auntie holding court drunk? And who will get the fortunes of the mother because of her passing? :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Added on October 11, 2012
Last Updated on September 23, 2013

Author

Marcus Walker
Marcus Walker

About
Fiction to me is all about your demons. Everyone lives side by side with their own demons, they cannot be outrun, they cannot be controlled, they cannot be destroyed. The only defense against demons i.. more..

Writing