The Valley Of Once Lost

The Valley Of Once Lost

A Poem by Margaretp
"

What's it all about, Alfie?

"
Is existence a measure of points? Do we add up our dissapointments? I feel so doomed to fail That i no longer recognise the veil that I have created for myself. Can we resurrect the past? How did it change so fast? Can I be what ive lost? My insignificance is a ghost of my now paralytic self. I'm doomed before i even begin The bars are set too high to win Ive been knocked out of the race i run I'm a "has been" that is done. Does creativity meet it's match? Do I hold the cards that make up a pack? I cannot find the footprint of my mark It's as if it was all the shadows in the dark. Has that glorius magic run out? What is it all about? Can find myself in the valley of once lost?
Margaret Purslow 24/01/22

© 2022 Margaretp


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I read this poem twice, and I liked it better the second way-'round, but my brain wanted the last line to read: --- Finding myself in the valley of once lost? --- Not sure why(?). Nice work!


Posted 2 Years Ago


If we could resurrect the past, would we change it? Or did we learn enough from it to not worry about winning the race, but simply finishing it where we lie.
I think eventually we find ourselves and some comfort zone.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
3 Reviews
Added on January 22, 2022
Last Updated on January 24, 2022

Author

Margaretp
Margaretp

Johannesburg , South Africa



About
Hi, I'm Margaret and I live in Johannesburg, South Africa. I'm have a beautiful family that is the source of my inspiration. more..