Sex isn't always love

Sex isn't always love

A Poem by Mari G
"

How can we ever really know the difference between sex and love at a young age ? When people mess up our heads making us believe one thing to be another . Lust , love ? It's not the same thing.

"
Mistaking sex for love is a mistake anyone can make .
Especially when the one you love tells you that that is the only way they can prove their love to you .
How easily could love be taken as an advantage because you crave that feeling every day more and more.
How can you tell if it is real ?
When they play the best role of the part of a person completely inlove with you , your flaws and everything and you are blinded by the amazing feeling that you forget things can go wrong.
The worst feeling is thinking that you both are making love to each other , when in reality he isnt going to call or text in the next month.
But you arent going to call or text him either because you dont want to scare him away.
Even though it hurts you so bad , but you dont want to lose him.
Because your mind and your heart are mistaking that feeling of lust for love , but only because he is telling you that it is love.
But deep down you know that if you tell him no the next time he texts you to do it again , youll lose him.
Because he was your first .
The one that took your purity away.
The one gift you gave to someone you thought deserved it.
The person who you thought would never use you for sex because you are the only one who is willing to give it up.
But not because you want it , but because he wants it .
Because it's what makes him happy .
It's what makes him stay .
No matter how much it hurts you inside .
Youre scared that no one would want you the way he says he wants you.
He says the sex is his love ,
But when did he ever tell you he did love you ?

© 2017 Mari G


Author's Note

Mari G
What do you think of this ? Please ignore grammar problems . Give me advice ? Email me @ [email protected]

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is often said that “making love” is just a euphemism for “having sex.” Love and sex are NOT the same thing. Love is an emotion or a feeling. There is no one definition of love because the word “love” can mean many different things to many different people. Sex, on the other hand, is a biological event.
Don't be 'blackmailed' into something that makes you uncomfortable!
Thanks for sharing your feelings in this write!


Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 7, 2017
Last Updated on May 7, 2017
Tags: #Love, #lust, #poem, #New, #young, #adult, #teen

Author

Mari G
Mari G

CA



About
Just a female who has gone through Alot at a young age just trying to figure out what to do with her life . more..

Writing