The Imagination

The Imagination

A Story by Maria.F.T

 On 25th December 1998 in a small town called Berry Beverly, a little baby called March Freddie Torry was born. She was the first child of her mom Mrs. Mayley Torry and her dad Mr. Octar Torry, March was the only girl in Torry’s family who had the birthmark on her left hand. She was the most unique girl in the family. Her grandma was the one who was very happy when she was born.

  As the time passed, March grew up. She was still three years old at that time, when her mommy was playing with her, suddenly her dad called her mom. “Hello May, today mommy will come and stay at our home, so please cook some special food for her,” told Mr. Octar, “Oh allright I’ll cook now, bye honey,” said Mrs. Mayley. Then she directly left March and bound her hair then she went to the kitchen.

  March wanted to know what was her mom going to do in the kitchen, then when March saw her mommy, she was shocked, what she found was not her mommy, a woman with the bound hair which was dressed like her mommy. “Who are you ma’am ? Why are you here ? Why do you dress like my mom ?” asked March to the woman, “What are you talking about March ? I am your mom,”said Mrs.Mayley, Mrs. Mayley thought that there was something weird with her child.

  March saw many things were on the table, and she was so curious that she wanted to know what are those things, once she touched a box that contained of milk inside, that box fell down and the milk inside spilled out of the box. “March ! Hey you’re a naughty girl ! get away !” shouted Mrs. Mayley to March and she hit March, and March cried then she ran away to her bedroom.

  When Mrs. Mayley finished cooking, she remove her hair band and went to March’s bedroom. She found March was still crying, and when March saw her mommy, she directly hugged her, “Mommy ! Where were you ? I met a scary woman who was dressed like you, I am afraid mom,” told March. Then her mom just could be silent and she felt weird and confused of March’s attitude.

  At the night, March’s grandma, Mrs. Caithlyn Torry came with Mr. Octar. “Hello Grandma !” greeted March while she was running to her grandma, “Hello my dear !” greeted Mrs. Caithlyn back to her grandchild while catching March to her hug then she kissed her. “So how are you my clever grandchild ?” asked Mrs. Caithlyn to March, “I am very well, Grandma,” answered March. “Oh, very good then. I am happy to hear that from my beloved grandchild,”said Mrs. Caithlyn. After they finished talking together, they had dinner together in the dining room. “Hmmm, who cooked these delicious food ?” asked Mrs. Caithlyn, when she asked that, suddenly March stopped eating and she didn’t want to continue eating as she remembered about the strange strict woman that she met in the kitchen. Mrs. Caithlyn was confused and asking in her heart about the weird thing on her grandchild, Mr. Octar was also confused, even Mrs. Mayley didn’t realize that it was because of the thing that happened that afternoon.

  After they finished having dinner, they gathered in the living room to watch TV. “Dear, aren’t you hungry ?” asked Mr. Octar to March, “No,” answered March simply. When it was nine o’clock at night, March went to sleep, “Allright dear, time to go to the dream island,”reminded Mrs. Mayley to March so that she sleep, “Mom, can I sleep with grandma ?” begged March, “Yea, sure dear,”answered Mrs. Mayley. Then March went to sleep with her grandma.

  When March had slept with her grandma, Mrs. Mayley talked with Mr. Octar, “May, don’t you feel that there was something weird with March ?” asked Mr.Octar, “Well, yea, I do. By seeing her attitude during the dinner, wait !”stopped Mrs. Mayley, she suddenly remembered the thing that happened that afternoon. “Octar, this afternoon, she was so weird. She thought that I am not me,”told Mrs.Mayley, “You are not you, what ?”confused Mr.Octar, “Well, this afternoon, when I was cooking, I bound my hair, and March saw me in the kitchen. But she thought that I am a different person because I bound my hair,”cleared Mrs. Mayley. Then they started thinking about the attitude of their daughter, “Allright, we will see again her attitude day by day. If she is getting worse, then we will bring her to the psychiatrist,”decided Mr. Octar. And Mrs. Mayley agreed with the decision of Mr. Octar, so they took that decision.

  In the following morning, March woke up early with a hungry stomach, and she was thinking of her favourite food, pizza. Then when she sat on her chair in the dining room, she saw her mom was preparing for her food. “Here’s your food, dear,” said Mrs. Mayley while giving the food to March, “Hey, this is pizza !” shouted March gladly, “This is not pizza, dear. It’s bread,”admitted Mrs. Mayley, then March started eating “Hmmm, this pizza is so delicious,” said March while eating the food greedily. Mrs. Mayley felt the weird attitude of her daughter again. She was just silent and she took a note of the weird attitude of her child.

  A few minutes after, Mr. Octar and Mrs. Caithlyn woke up, they went to the dining room to have breakfast and Mr. Octar saw his child was eating very greedily. “Hmm ! Dear, you are eating very greedily,”wondered Mr.Octar, then March just smiled at him. Then they all had breakfast.

  When they have finished breakfast, Mr. Octar was preparing himself to go to his office, Mrs. Mayley was having a bath, and March was playing with Mrs. Caithlyn. After Mrs. Mayley finished having a bath, she helped Mr. Octar preparing his belongings, “Dear, were you wondering why did March eat very greedily this morning ?” asked Mrs. Mayley, “Yeah, I was. Do you know something ?” asked Mr. Octar back, then Mrs. Mayley showed the note of March’s attitudes that she made, “Well, okay. We will see, if in this week she is like that, we will bring her to the psychiatrist,”decided Mr. Octar.

   Then Mr. Octar was getting ready to go to his office, “Allright dear, I have to go now,” said Mr. Octar to March, “Okay Dad. Bye,”said March, and Mr. Octar kissed March and his wife, “Bye mom !” greeted Mr. Octar to his mom, and he kissed his mom. Then he went to his office.

 When Mr. Octar had gone to his office, Mrs. Mayley went to a market with March and Mrs. Caithlyn, they went by car. The market was quite far from their house, on their way to the market, March saw the high buildings, and once she thought about the tale stories that she read everynight, she saw those buildings as the great castles. “Mom ! Grandma ! Look ! They are great castles ! I saw them  in my book,” told March, Mrs. Mayley shook her head while Mrs. Caithlyn smiled at her grandchild.

  Half an hour later, they arrived at the market. “Wow ! What placed is this mom ?” asked March, “This is market,” answered Mrs. Mayley, “Mom, do you have any idea of what to cook ?” asked Mrs. Mayley to Mrs. Caithlyn, “I think we’d better cook Octar’s favourite food and March’s favourite food,”suggested Mrs. Caithlyn. While they are looking for the vegetables and all the things they need for cooking, suddenly March saw some pumpkins, “Wow ! That is the carriage that Cinderella used to go to the castle. So great !” amazed March, once she found some carrots and she saw those carrots as the sharp stones that she usually saw on the sea picture, “Hey ! How could those stones be here ?” wondered March.

  Then they all went home, when they arrived at home, March told everything to her mom and to her grandma. When Mrs. Mayley heard that from her child, she directly took a note about March’s attitudes, and she thought that March was getting worse. Different with Mrs. Caithlyn, when she heard that from her grandchild, she felt that March had inspired her so much and she kept on smiling at March. Also the more Mrs. Caithlyn felt that March is the most unique grandchild in the family.

  After they heard the story of March, they started cooking, and Mrs. Mayley bound her hair again, and when March looked at her, March cried suddenly. “Grandma ! Help me ! I don’t want that woman to be here !” screamed March, “What’s wrong dear ? She is your mom,” confused Mrs. Caithlyn, and March ran to her bedroom. Mrs. Caithlyn wanted to run after March, but Mrs. Mayley held her, “Mom, let her,” said Mrs. Mayley, then they continued cooking.

  When they had finished cooking, they both talked. “Mayley, please tell me. What’s wrong to March ?”asked Mrs. Caithlyn, “Mom, I and Octar have felt that there is something wrong with March’s mentality, March was afraid of me because I bound my hair, and I’ve ever hit her when I bound my hair, so she thinks that I am not me when I bind my hair. And so, we have decided to bring March to the psychiatrist if she is getting worse,” told Mrs. Mayley, “No ! Don’t bring her to the psychiatrist,” forbade Mrs. Caithlyn, “So how can I know if she is okay, Mom ?” asked Mrs. Mayley, “Bring her to my house adn let her stay at my house till I tell you to take her back,” answered Mrs. Caithlyn.

  At the evening when Mr. Octar was home and Mrs. Caithly had slept with March, Mrs. Mayley told everything to Mr. Octar and he agreed. On the following day, Mrs. Caithlyn was going home and she brought March to stay at her house. When they arrived at Mrs. Caithlyn house, they started having fun togeher. “Okay dear, let’s have fun,” said Mrs. Caithlyn to March, “What are we going to do, Grandma ?” asked March, “We will listen to a music,”told Mrs. Caithlyn, “What music, Grandma ?”asked March again, “You will know it dear,”said Mrs. Caithlyn, then Mrs. Caithlyn put a headphone in her ears. “This guy has a very good voice,”said March, “Yeah dear,” quoted Mrs. Caithlyn, “Can I see his face, Grandma ?”asked March, then Mrs. Caithlyn showed the poster of the singer, “His name is August,”told Mrs. Caithlyn, “He is very handsome,”amazed March. Since then, August became the idol of March.

  One morning, Mrs. Caithlyn bought March a concert cassette of August, and March watched it with Mrs. Caithlyn. “It’s amazing !”amazed Marched, Mrs. Caithlyn smiled at her. “Grandma, this concert is very amazing, I can see August directly,”said March. When March was watching the cassette, she imagined as if she was attending August’s concert with many people around her and the loud music of August. Mrs. Caithlyn tried to understand March’s thought but she still didn’t find imaginative thing that March thought at that time.

  In a beautiful day, Mrs. Caithlyn brought March to a park where they could enjoy seeing the coulds in the sky. “What are we doing here, Grandma ?”asked March, “We will see amazing things,”answered Mrs. Caithlyn, “Come on ! sit here !”told Mrs. Caithlyn to March, then March sat beside her grandma, she stared at the sky and she saw many clouds over the sky. “Grandma ! Look at that rabbit in the sky !” shouted March, then Mrs. Caithlyn felt a sense about what March said. “There is a flower in the sky ! It’s so amazing,”shouted March again, and the more Mrs. Caithlyn felt a sense when March said that. “March, what are you thingking about the flower ?”asked Mrs. Caithlyn, “The flower is so beautiful, it’s red. I love it !”said March while staring at the sky, March’s expression showed that she was amazed of what she saw, Mrs. Caithlyn started to realize that there was something good on her grandchild.

  When that was a sunny day, Mrs. Caithlyn bought a small diary book for March, and when she came home, she immediately gave it to March. “March ! Dear !”called Mrs. Caithlyn, and March came to her, “Yes Grandma ? What happen ?”asked March, “Dear, I bought you a diary, and I want you to write everything that you think amazing for you,”told Mrs. Caithlyn, “Okay, Grandma,”quoted March.

  Day by day, March wrote the diary that was given by Mrs. Caithlyn, her grandmother. Once when March was sleeping, Mrs. Caithlyn read March’s diary, on the first page which was the first day March wrote the diary, March wrote “Dear diary, today was so marvellous, I saw everything beautiful, but there was something bad, I kept on thinking whether the woman who acted strictly to me is still at my home or not, I am afraid if she will hurt my mom and dad.”, and on the next page, March wrote “Dear diary, today I watched August concert for the second time, it was really amazing with many people around, the loud music, and the most interesting was when I saw August.”, since then Mrs. Caithlyn tried to analyse something from March story, she kept on asking on her mind, she remembered that March had watched August’s concert cassette for the second time with the different serial and she also remembered when March watched August’s concert cassette for the first time and March said “Grandma, this concert is very amazing, I can see August directly.”, and Mrs. Caithlyn kept on thinking about that then she realized something that had created those thoughts of March. She kept on analysing March’s stories to make sure that she was right.

  After March stayed for a long time with Mrs. Caithlyn, then Mrs. Caithlyn decided to dismiss March to her parents and allow them to bring March to the psychiatrist, Mrs. Caithlyn also expected that her analysis was right that there was nothing bad with her grandchild. Then March was picked by her parents, “Bye, Grandma. I’m gonna miss you,” said March, “Me too, dear,” said Mrs. Caithlyn with her sad heart.

  On the next day, March’s parents brought her to the psychiatrist. Then March was being checked “Hello March !” greeted the doctor with her friendly smile and voice, “Hello ma’am,” greeted March back, “Allright March, I want to talk with you and I wish to be your friend. Do you want, March ?” offered the doctor to March, “Well, okay,”accepted March, “What’s your name, Doctor ?” asked March, “I’m glad that you asked that, March. My name is Kellie, you can call me Kell,” answered the doctor with her smile, “March, can you tell me what is the most interesting thing that you have ever seen ?” asked the doctor, “Yes, my grandma ever brought me to a park, and I saw some beautiful things in the sky such as flowers, rabbits, and many things which I can’t describe, Kell. That was the most interesting thing, I also ever saw Cinderella’s carriage with my eyes. I really like her carriage and not only that, I saw many great castles,” told March to the doctor, “Where did you see Cinderella’s carriage and the great castles, March ?” asked Doctor Kellie again, “I saw Cinderella’s carriage in the Market and the great castles on the road,” answered March, “That sounds interesting,”Doctor Kellie said, “What about the clouds ? How did you see the flowers, rabbits, and the other things that you saw ?” asked Doctor Kellie again, “I stared at the sky, and I saw the clouds, then they changed into flowers, rabbits, and other pretty things,” answered March. “Hmm, you are cool, March !” amazed Doctor Kellie about March’s thought, and slowly Doctor Kellie understood everything about March after talking with March.

  “Okay, Ma’am, Sir. Here’s the result of my analysis, March is not crazy, she just likes imagining, and it brings her to the real life which means, the imagination makes her believe that it happens in the real life,” explained Doctor Kellie, “So does it mean March will be a freak girl when she grows up ?” asked Mrs. Mayley, “No, don’t worry about that, Ma’am. She is different from the other children who like imagining, just educate her with the positive things, and remember, don’t be too strict to her,” told Doctor Kellie, “Let her continue imagining,” added Doctor Kellie. When they got home, Mr. Octar told Mrs. Caithlyn directly about it and Mrs. Caithlyn was so happy that her analysis was right.

  After a month, Mrs. Caithlyn made a surprise that she published the stories that March wrote in her diary, and there were many people who liked March’s stories. They were amazed that a little girl was able to create those kinds of stories. That news was arrived in March’s parents ears, since then, March became famous and she kept on writing her stories, she also had become a famous author, because of her fame, She was able to meet August face to face. March kept on writing her stories until she died at 70.

 

 

 


© 2012 Maria.F.T


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on January 22, 2012
Last Updated on January 22, 2012

Author

Maria.F.T
Maria.F.T

Bekasi, Indonesia



About
I just want to entertain people with my work more..

Writing