Inner void

Inner void

A Story by Marlene

Quietly they're sitting at the dinner table

 Two plates have already made their down her throat, she's aiming for the third one.
 The father looks up from his newspaper and gives her a meaningful glance
 >>Haven't you already had enough sweetie?<< 
Abruptly she stops filling up her plate.
 She's mortified
 >>Yes, you're right<< she answers, her eyes glued onto the half full plate infront of her.
 She doesn't dare to look into his eyes.

 After dinner she goes up to to bathroom to take a shower, a coldness in her stomach following her.
 As she's standing in the shower, water running over her shoulders, the coldness only grows stronger.
 She grabs the control and turns up the heat until there's no higher stage. 
But now matter how hot the water, this coldness can't be stopped by it.

 After the shower she goes to her room and waits. 
She waits until mother and father say goodnight and go to bed.
Then she takes her chance.
 She sneaks down into the kitchen, making sure not to turn the light on. 
She'd never recover from accidentally getting catched.
 After convincing herself no one noticed her, she opens the fridge and takes out the leftovers from dinner.
 She doesn't wait to heat them up or put them onto a plate, she eats them straight from the box. 
The void inside her can't be filled up with food, but it makes her feel better for a short while.

 Once she finally lies in her bed, thoughts of regret and shame drives through her.
 She lets out a harrowed sigh and grabs for her phone.
Several hours she scrolls through pointless videos to distract herself from everything.
She continues until the phone slowly falls from her hand, her eyes being forced to shut.
A recognized smile forms on her lips.
The last thought she hears before she loses conciousness 
is the wish for the next day not to come

© 2021 Marlene


Author's Note

Marlene
Same story, different format :)
I uploaded the original version late at night yesterday and forgot to put it into a pleasant format haha. This one is better to read I hope :)
Also I'd be grateful for reviews !

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on December 19, 2021
Last Updated on December 19, 2021
Tags: #eating#coldness#emptiness#paren

Author

Marlene
Marlene

Germany



About
Hey! I'm 16 years old and hope I can share my feelings with the world on here. more..

Writing