EXTORTION IN LOVE

EXTORTION IN LOVE

A Story by Benedict Mdluli

Deeply in thought seating in the office Calvin could tell that not everything was well even though he had tried so many times to overlook the fact that everything was accordingly, he still found fault in his thoughts imaginations started to kick in of the good and the bad that could come out of it. Nightmares are funny ways of intimidating the ones of little faith they leave the night alone and attack on the day light he looked exhausted and spooked but it was his worries and thoughts that had led him to be aligned with exhaustion.


The same questions that other people asked him were replaying in his mind and rekindling well, he was also thinking the same thing faced with dilemma he could tell it was going to be very hard for him as time approaches to face his demons, deep down he told himself only God knows the plans he has for man his wishes plans and everything was possible and perfect in his own eyes but the Lords plans were to prevail.

Why? He asked if God loves me so dearly and much why would he let it happen if she is really as bad as they think she is. If she was the tempt to destroy his life will God have allowed her to stay another day in his life, probably He would but who was he to question the most High of his dealings in his life. He was from afar and she was from afar now it was time to face the truth and consequences although doubts may arise but he knew deep down he was responsible and accountable.


He questioned the whys of how and what to do now but he deliberately overlooked all the questions and had already accepted the fate the only astonishing thing about the whole saga was how things were going to work out at the end of it all. I have wanted this all along he said but not in this manner, they all thought maybe he was incapable of such but the way it had come to him was the utmost surprise.


I have failed myself and everyone who believed and looked upon me, I have probably disappointed her and destroyed her trust, and her future is on the line our future is on the line he thought out loud but there was nothing he could do that was real life at its core he told himself he just had to be strong and courageous to show that he was a man that can face challenges as one and stop whining like a little girl that had just been deprived off her lovely doll.


I looked at him didn’t know what I could say to him to console him or was I supposed to tell him he looked ridiculous by the way he presented himself, he was so fragile and soft from the outside. I had questions what happened to Mr Tough Guy today maybe he had a little too much to drink during the weekend, but that didn’t look like the case if his physical showed so much distress how his heart maybe leaking blood was as a sponge deepened in water.


I saw him hold his head tightly and sighing in a significant way nothing was more communicating than his actions as the saying goes “actions speak louder than words”, In the midst of the afternoon he said to me Chris “I feel like something is not right”, I didn’t understand what he meant because he himself wasn’t looking great at that moment. I looked at him and he was so depressed I advised him to go see a doctor but he turned me down by assurance that he wasn’t sick.


What could have been eating my Calvin the whole day, well he will tell when it comes to time, I was seating there wondering while he was busy consolidating his thoughts and feelings. Then he picked up his phone and called his girlfriend he sounded happy but with a sad voice he said “I love you”, she asked him what was wrong but with the same assurance as mine she was made to rest the case, well before any time could pass to be counted in exact minutes or seconds she sent him a short message to which he still replied with assurance.


 It was after a few minutes that he received a call from someone sinister or maybe quite strange as the conversation he was holding with her was quite low in tone and strange, she told him whatever they talked about I overhead him say “just say it please what is it?, Is it bad or good and the person seemed adamant not to let the cat out of the bag but out of the blue I heard him say, you what, you pregnant Oh Jesus what? Oh my Oh my …. I can’t believe this what am I going to do now.


As surprised as he was Calvin left the office he was so stressed on that day he looked at me and I asked him what’s wrong and he sighed first and said “Chris my girl is pregnant”, I congratulated him and he looked not so happy about it though. I asked, Calvin if she is pregnant why are you not happy then? why the long and sad face? He told me the story which was quite intriguing and fascinating but at the end of it all he had to face it as a man he had been into it knowing the possibilities of it happening.


He was like Oh! Where do I start? the story is long Chris but to cut it short, Chris I have a girlfriend whom I so love dearly but there came a point in time when things didn’t work out and we were fighting over everything then I decided to get a break from things but we never broke up, so I met this girl by the name of Natalia she was so amazing even not that beautiful as my girl but her mentality was of a great woman a woman of great stature so I fell for her.


Well that is the least of the problems falling in love was just a phenomenal thing but the trouble started when it came to the point that we met things happened that made me question her integrity but it was too late and she claimed she had no kids and she wanted one so we agreed to make one and now I was starting to discover a lot of bad things about her and very disturbing so this is really sad to say but ….


Calvin stopped there as the manager walked in calling out for me and when I came back he was already gone home, I couldn’t wait to hear the whole story the next morning so I held my breath, I couldn’t sleep I was tossing from left to right until my wife woke me up. “Hey  ... baby what’s wrong “I was like nothing my angel she couldn’t believe I was so restless as if I was the one involved in the scandal, all of a sudden it was morning on that day I was very early at work unfortunately for the first time ever in my life, I waited the whole day for him to pitch but he never did.


I was so depressed and pissed off that I have just missed a great story tried calling Chris on the day his phone was off and I was told he filled for a day leave the previous day before leaving for home. Well it was actual breath taking how can he do such a thing and not notify me? I believe that was my longest day ever in the office so I also left around 4 O’clock in the afternoon an hour early than usual, my mood was just sour my heart bleeding as if I had been left by my wife and kids.


Well as I got home I tried calling Chris again but I reached his voicemail it had no results after all evening came very late for me wanted to go sleep but dawn came so early that my alarm was snoozed three times, I went to work dragging myself the first thing I saw was Chris as I walked into the reception with a bold smile he greeted me I didn’t understand what was going on but I grinned and greeted him as if I meant it, so I couldn’t hold myself I asked him what happened with your story man you didn’t finish the other day?.


He marvelled oh that man no it’s taken care of champ, I asked what you mean taken care of I thought he meant they aborted the kid I was so worried what happened to him being against it. Wow! This world is something else I have seen and heard things but Calvin is not the type to kill an innocent child No! Let me give my ears to his mouth maybe he has something better and great to say.


So he continued well Chris it seems like there was no baby after all it was all lies and a trick to get me to believe there is one as a money obtaining scheme, She was never pregnant when I left for work she brought me a pregnancy test that belongs to someone else and it already had a two line showing and you ask me how did we know it belonged to someone it’s because we suspected that she might be lying me and Tim decided that I buy my own pregnancy test and she does it in front of me of which she did and only one line appeared.


It was not enough Tim had also discovered that she actual has a five years old son and I was not the first and probably not the last to be scammed by her this way and she was also preventing meaning her possibility of being pregnant was limited and it was confirmed again that on the same day I slept with her she had gone for an injection for that month and there was no way possible I could have mated with her to materialisation.


Well that’s deep bro I said in a voice that wanted more and he told me no that’s not all, I became alive I wanted to hear the news so bad. He continued, she still maintained that she was pregnant and she went on to tell my girlfriend about it. Trisha then told me she is leaving if anything like this does happen again she doesn’t care even if we have our own baby.


Natalia even went on to call people for me to come and deal with me in a brutality manner I am so flabbergasted for ever meeting that girl I am done with this kind of life I am sticking to my girl like they say it’s better the devil you know than the angel you don’t.


It’s really deep I said but now I agree with you man stick to your girlfriend and focus on the future just let it go learn to forgive yourself and her too, Deep down I knew I was going to kill someone if Natalia had done that to me I felt sorry for him being used as a pawn in a game of chess called money extortion. I was happy to see my friend smile again and things working for him and his girlfriend and now fiancée Trisha.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE END.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

© 2016 Benedict Mdluli


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on July 22, 2016
Last Updated on July 22, 2016

Author

Benedict Mdluli
Benedict Mdluli

Johannesburg, Christian, South Africa



About
Very calm, benevolent, kind, marvelous & Godfearing & God loving, I'm an accountant & praying to be a Chattered Accountant. more..

Writing