Her Poetic Injustice

Her Poetic Injustice

A Poem by Maskedthoughts
"

I think the poem is enough of a description any words here would just ruin it.

"
She was different you see;unique as one might say..
She had these contrasting traits,
That we're expressed through her big eyes.
Her emotions shun through ,
Dancing across her features and glistening in her eyes.
Her poetic lips stretched into a slanted smile.
Throwing her head back laughing boisterously, her hair swinging around her.
She was a walking contrast; a contradiction.
She looked polished and refined
But her personality suggested otherwise
There were dark corners filled with profoundness,
There were high peaks flooding with gentle light,
Then they were some tattered and burnt edges showing off the scars of her youth.
The different parts of her swirled around in the middle of her core.
Each one fighting the other to take dominance in her mind; in her heart.
This was what put the stress in her eyes, that clouded over the brightness.
This was put that stone on her chest, that made it hard for her to breathe.
That caused the constant apprehension on what she was going to do in the near foreboding future.
She had so many dreams but she was constantly fighting with the reality.
She pushed these thoughts away putting headphones in her ears to keep it all at bay.
She lay back on the grassy terrain; hair spread about, lips curled up into a half smile.
Then her candy coloured pout opened and out came the words, least expected from her
Innocent demeanour
"F**k it."
With that her Bambi eyes closed and she let herself get carried away by the music,
She let her self revel in the divine imagination that lay in her mind,
She let herself just be introverted and true for just five minutes.
She let herself believe in herself-like no one else would.
She let herself escape.

© 2013 Maskedthoughts


Author's Note

Maskedthoughts
This is like something I haven't done before it's almost like a poetic story or character analysis. I'm not sure but IW net with it. Also there is one swear word just so you're all aware.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What an amazing commentary on how often people must act out of alignment with their true selves owing to society's demands and expectations. I particularly enjoyed the temporary sense of self-actualization the subject of the moment experiened as she acted her true self for a few blessed minutes.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Maskedthoughts

10 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Added on November 19, 2013
Last Updated on November 19, 2013
Tags: Poem, contradiction, contrast, future, appearances, girl

Author

Maskedthoughts
Maskedthoughts

Canada



About
"As a writer if someone falls in love with my work, I know they have fallen in love with my mind. Having no idea what my face looks like, they chose my mind. Art may be the only place a women can hold.. more..

Writing