Second hand poetry

Second hand poetry

A Story by Matthew Ian Herrawood W
"

I hope this makes you think.

"
Something I have been thinking about alot lately is my poetry and the girl I love. You hear about guys giving their girl friend things and then when they have broken up with that person giving the same thing to a different girl. This usually ends this second relationship. I can understand how insulted the girl must feel to be given something second hand. Is that all she is worth? Is she only worth it because the girl it was meant for gave it back? How much is she really worth to this man? One thing you never hear about being given is poetry and yet that's exactly what I have done. I have written poetry and dedicated it to a girl I was with. Is it wrong now to give it to my girl friend? Is it wrong to do this when every line rings true with me and my new girl friend? Should I tell her first that I gave this to another but its still true for us? I suspect it is still rude. I suspect we should work on a new poem as much as we work at this new love. However this brings another question to mind. We all have pet names I was fond of calling one girl Beautiful simply because I believed it and wanted to tell her that's what I thought. My current girl friend is even more beautiful is it wrong if I now give her a second hand pet name and call her Beautiful...?

© 2014 Matthew Ian Herrawood W


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Having never had a girlfriend myself, my knowledge on this matter would be extremely limited.
My instinct however tells me that it's a bad idea to give something to a girl that you had previously given away. The girl in question (she who is being given a gift) would likely feel as if she's being cheated in some way... or 'played' if you will.
Whilst your relationship with the first girl is now likely non-existent, the poem you wrote was written for her and not for your current/new girlfriend. My advice would be to write a new poem based off your affections for your new girlfriend so that she won't feel as I have already described.
I hope that helps you somewhat.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Matthew Ian Herrawood W

10 Years Ago

Thanks for your thoughts. Love conquers all is a poem i wrote for my current girlfriend Tamika but t.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

260 Views
1 Review
Added on April 10, 2014
Last Updated on April 10, 2014

Author

Matthew Ian Herrawood W
Matthew Ian Herrawood W

A Town, South Australia, Australia



About
A Introduction to my Realm Trilogy About the Author Matthew W is 24 years old (November 1 2016) and lives in South Australia. He has been writing and reading for a long time. Because he was su.. more..

Writing