Patient 0

Patient 0

A Chapter by Maximemnonimus
"

This is the prologue to my story.

"

Day 1


“I’ve never seen anything like this.” The Nurse said as she looked at the X-Ray, while standing next to the doctor.

“I have seen similar things close to this. Take Adult Fibrosarcoma or neuromas, for example. See how his bones are beginning to grow little spikes here and there. He definitely has cancer, and we’ll have to monitor this very closely.” The doctor explained.


The Doctor grabs an envelope and the x ray and hands it to the nurse. He leaves the office into a bustling crowd of doctors, patients, and guest alike. He weaves through the crowd in a professional haste towards his patients room. He looks at the nurse with grief, before knocking on the door. The doctor opens the door with a smile about as fake as the nurse’s breast.


“Hello, I’m Doctor Lee, how are we holding up today?” He said.


The patient lies in the hospital bed motionless, next to his wife. There is a faint darkness under the man’s eyes, in which are bloodshot red. He rubs his running nose with a tissue and hands it to his wife. He lets out a soft moan as he smiles.


“So is it a sinus infection?” The man asked.

The doctor hesitates for a moment and replies, “Yes it is a sinus infection; However, we found something else as well.” The doctor moves swiftly to the x-ray display. “You can see the mucus being blocked here, in your sinus canal just above your right eye.” After  he explains, he puts his hands one over the other and looks at the patient. “It is being blocked by cancer.” He said.


The wife immediately wails as the doctor finishes his diagnostic. Tears begin to flow down the man’s cheeks and looks over to his wife.


“It’s going to be ok honey. I will fight this, but I need you to fight it with me.” The man said. “How long do I have?” The man asked.


“I don’t know because I’m not even sure what kind of cancer this is. We will run test immediately to figure out what kind this is.” The doctor tries to explain.


“How do you not know? Aren’t you a f*****g doctor!?” The wife yells at the doctor.


“Ma’am please, I have never seen your husband's case before and i’m sure the doctors over in the cancer ward can tell you. We will transfer your husband as soon as you're ready.”


Day 5


“This cancer is spreading so fast, I’ve never seen anything like it.” The first doctor observes.

“I’m surprised the patient isn’t dead.” Another doctor chimes in.

“What are we supposed to tell him? The Truth?” A third doctor asks.

“Yes.” The first doctor said.

“Don’t be an idiot, of course we can’t.” The third doctor replied.

“We must, and we will.” The first doctor said.


The Lead doctor enters the room alone to meet with the patient. The patient’s eyes are hollowed out and the skin around it, completely black. The veins in his body are also blackened. There are many bumps along these veins and skin of the patient. His breathing is very shallow and weezy. His hair has completely fallen out by now.


“Hello Mr. Jones, I’m here for your second visit of the day. How are we feeling today?” The doctor asked.


The patient can only manage a soft moan.


“The cancer treatments we’ve tried using just aren’t able to keep up with how fast your cells are mutating. No one has ever seen your condition in the entire world. I don’t know how long you have to live, nor do I know how this will continue to affect you. I’m sorry.”


The patient does not move or make a sound, but streams of pure black liquid pour from the patient's eyes. The doctor is horrified, but decides to help the patient. The doctor grabs a tissue and walks over to the man. As the doctor is wiping the man's face, the patient violently bites a chunk out of the doctor’s wrist. The doctor flies back from the patient into the wall. The doctors wrist begins to bleed profusely. The doctor lets out a scream and runs for the door. Once out of the patient's room, The doctor screams for help.


Day 6


“You’re telling me that this cancer is contagious?” The doctor asked while looking at their wrist. The veins around the bite are abnormally dark. “This can’t be cancer then, that’s not how cancer works!” The doctor exclaimed.


“I’m sorry, but we have to quarantine you. There are at least 30 reports today alone with your exact symptoms. Good day.” A man in a biohazard suit said.


Day 10


“Jones is getting out of control! He’s breaking through his restraints, follow me.” A doctor yells to security guards.


The guards rush to the room. They look at each other and give a nod. The lead officer kicks the door in and the three officers enter the room, spreading out. The lights are flickering when they enter. The patient is completely unrecognizable at this point. The patient is anorexic, but the amount of spikes coming out of the body are much more distracting. The skin of the patient's face is hanging by a thread at the chin. The patient is perched on top of the bed staring at the officers. He reaches for his eyes and his hands are completely barbed with extra bone. He grabs his eyes and rips them out of their sockets effortlessly. The being then looks directly at the officers and lets out a demonic howl and leaps at the closest officer. The two other officers begin to shoot at the monster that had taken a bite out of the officer's neck. They were all abdomen shots that did almost no damage. The officers could physically see the wounds heal. The officers then direct their fire at the head and the being hits the ground hard.


After the mess had been cleaned up, the coroner looks examines the dead officer and patient. “Absolutely fascinating, and terrifying.” The coroner says to himself. The doctor pulls out a magnifying glass to observe the bullet holes in the patient's head. As he’s looking he can see brain matter threading together. The coroner says to himself, “Mother of God.”, as he raises from his glass. The being then grabs the coroner's neck with all of its might and gets off of the morgue slab. The being brings the coroner's face close to it’s and lets out a violent scream. Black fluids are flying out of the patient’s mouth as it screams and some lands into the mouth of the coroner’s. The officer rises from its slab and places itself behind the coroner. He punctures the back of the coroner and begins ripping out and eating his internal organs. The coroner collapses to the ground as the beings begin to feast on his dead body.  




© 2016 Maximemnonimus


Author's Note

Maximemnonimus
Some Gore

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on July 7, 2016
Last Updated on July 7, 2016
Tags: prologue, creepy, scary, zombie