WIP: “So, you’re a vampire."

WIP: “So, you’re a vampire."

A Chapter by Alaska
"

Riley finally learns Sebastian's secret: he's a vampire. This is their follow-up conversation at her house. (And yes, he had already been invited in wayyy prior to this.)

"
To say that Sebastian and I alone in my house was awkward was an extreme understatement. He sat at one end of our small dinner table, and I sat straight across from him at the other.
    We had entered the house in silence, and for the past ten minutes it had remained that way. I was still in initial shock.
    I had fixed myself a mug of hot chocolate and offered him one to be polite, but of course he had declined. I wrapped my fingers around the blue ceramic mug, letting the heat soak into my frozen fingers.
    “So, you’re a vampire,” I finally stated. The word felt over-eccentric as it fell from my lips. A laugh involuntarily slipped out and I shook my head. “I’m sorry, this just doesn’t seem possible. I mean, we’re in New Jersey, not Transylvania.”
    “Actually,” he held a finger up, “I’m from Texas.”
    “You told me you were from Michigan,” I reminded him.
    “Not originally.”
    “Ahhh…,” I put a hand to my chin and nodded. He snorted at my reaction. I took a drink of my hot chocolate and forced myself to swallow. “And you chose to relocate here because of the bad economy? Is there a blood shortage in your homeland?”
    “Mariah-”
    “Come on, humor me. I’ve got questions. Like does it hurt to turn into a bat?”


© 2012 Alaska


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i enjoyed this. well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Added on January 18, 2012
Last Updated on January 18, 2012


Author

Alaska
Alaska

Sunnydale, CA



About
My name is Stephanie Lynn. Like the tragic phoenix, I am a creature of self-destruction. Writing has become both my only source of salvation, and my inevitable demise. more..

Writing
Bleeding Out Bleeding Out

A Story by Alaska