A Stormy Discovery

A Stormy Discovery

A Chapter by N3v3r_2_L@t3
"

After a hard day of working late, someone comes across a shocking discovery.

"

     Angry rain pelted down on the welcoming world below. Tiny drops mingled together, creating giant puddles. Soft noises filtered through the windows of houses. Lightning flashed, sending a shock into the ground, shortly followed by a loud clap of thunder, careening off of buildings, sending a silent rumble through everything.

     A lone man walked silently through the harsh storm. His head was down, brown hair plastered to his face. Thin lips were set into a scowl. His jade eyes squinted through the rainwater pouring down on top of his head. His arms were crossed over a muscular chest. This sucks. He thought to hiselft, looking up into the starry sky.

     Rain obstructed his vision, harshly clouding his eyes over. God! Stupid job, making me work late like that...A bright light engulfed his vision, all of a sudden. A flash of lighting struck right next to him, creating a sonic boom. He fell back on his butt, his hand over his face.

     "What the hell?" He mumled to hiself. Bits and peices of grass and dirt clung to his soaked clothes. He got up as the rain started subsiding. Now, only a light mist clouded the sky. His mouth fell open as a gapping hole in the ground came into view. "The lightning shouldn't have done that." He murmered. Tiny wisps of steam rose dauntily out of the hole. Tenatively, his feet carried him to it.

     What he saw in there left his mouth open wide. A beautiful girl lay in the hole, a white dress on, burnt to a crisp at the ends. Big blonde curls fell gracefully around her face, none of them affected by the rain. Thick eyelashes covered God-knows-what color eyes. But the thing that made his mouth drop to the ground, were the appendeges protruding from her back. White wings, save for the ends, where, they too, were burnt, stuck out. Some feathers littered around her body.

     To this day, he didn't know what made him do it. He could have left her alone. He could have walked away and told himself he was dreaming. He could have done alot of things. The one thing he didn't expect himself to do, was walk over, and gracefully pick up her fragil body. She moaned a little in her sleep, but curled up to him nonetheless. He was amazed at how light she felt.

     "Lets get you home." He whispered reasurantly in her ear, not aware whether she was hurt or not. A ghost of a smile passed her pink lips, as he started home.



© 2008 N3v3r_2_L@t3


Author's Note

N3v3r_2_L@t3
I don't like it. But it will have to do...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i liked the description and how it's really detailed.
and that ghost part at the end, hmmm.

Posted 16 Years Ago


wow i liked it... it was very descriptional, i like the way you described every thing in detail... it was very nice.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 29, 2008
Last Updated on April 1, 2008


Author

N3v3r_2_L@t3
N3v3r_2_L@t3

Nonyabusiness, GA



About
I love to write, and have been writing for around...only a year, but i still love it. I'm new to all this sharing your writing stuff, and last time i tried to, all my writing got deleted, and i had ab.. more..

Writing