Billy Scott; a man of the gun

Billy Scott; a man of the gun

A Story by Mefi

"How could you dad? How could you. I know you feel frustrated. I know you hated the fact that your teenage daughter got pregnant for a boy that wrecked our home and tore our family apart but how could you kill my baby!

Cronnel couldn't believe the rage he saw in his daughters eyes, so he moved forward to touch her still holding the gun on his left hand.

"Honey I didn't, I..."

"Don't you dare call me that! she spoke with so much energy. "You're a murderer."

His face suddenly grew pale. Hearing her say those words made him really weak.

"No honey, I did not. I could not do that."

"Yes you could. You had every reason to. You hated his existence, you hated my baby."

"Alright... He nodded his head in affirmation.

...you're right. I would not deny the fact that I was frustrated with the turns of event but I didn't do it."
 
His voice shook as he spoke. "You have to believe me."

He moved closer to her and stretched his hand. She made a retreat, hurriedly she ran towards the balcony.

God!
 
She screamed really loud. The sound of Her voice made cronnel really scared. His body vibrated from within as he managed to reach the balcony. No one was there. He looked down and saw her lying lifeless on the ground.
She had jumped from the balcony.
It was already ten years. Cronnel sat near a wall in the mental home where he had been confined. Every one looked at him differently. He never said a word or spoke to anyone. The only thing he ever paid attention to was his diary. He sat quietly and opened it. He kept looking and slowly read to himself:
 
A beautiful mansion that stood out from every other building, one which was admired by all now stood as a thing of shame,pity and rejection to everyone that hear its tale. But to those who doesn't, it remained a mystery.

I still remember that horrible night in a moment all was lost. 
 

© 2016 Mefi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The split second moments that changed our lives forever. This is one of those writings I describe as "having nerve". Some people tend to shy away from "problematic" characters such as the one we have here - but these are my favourite to me: the flawed characters, the unapologetic; the ones who make mistakes. This was quite a good piece and I look forward to reading more, Mefi :).

Posted 7 Years Ago


Mefi

7 Years Ago

thanks a whole lot.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
1 Review
Added on September 17, 2016
Last Updated on October 13, 2016

Author

Mefi
Mefi

Porth harcourt, Nigeria



About
Am Mefi Jason, from Bayelsa State, Nigeria. My hubbies are; singing and writing. Am just an ordinary person with this huge itching for writing. more..

Writing
Mefi's Mind Mefi's Mind

A Chapter by Mefi


Miss Mefi's Mind Miss Mefi's Mind

A Chapter by Mefi


Mefi's Mind Mefi's Mind

A Chapter by Mefi