The Meeting

The Meeting

A Chapter by Megan Leigh
"

How I met the man who changed my life

"
    "Death. Five letter word. Hate. Four letter word. Sad. Three Letter word. No. Two letter word. All words that had to do with me, Angel Piscolli. The death, my hate, being sad and screaming no. All me. No one else. I wish I hadn't done it, but I did it. You know that. Everybody knows that I, Angel Piscolli, killed Denver Scott, a proud man, on August 4th and I pray for you to take mercy on me, Jesus, even though what I did is unforgivable. Take mercy on my soul and Mr. Scott, Mrs. Scott, I am so, so sorry. But, Judge, I would like to tell you my side of the story and it starts right when I met Denver Scott in May three years ago and I knew my life was going to change. . ."
    The entire court was staring, boring their eyes into mine.  Some were looking at my outfit, a beautiful design of flower patterns on the gray-blue dress.  The color in the thread was so unique and no one had ever seen a color so beautiful before.  No one had ever even seen the color it gave off.  It was so strange, yet so lovely.  
    Other people were looking at my face as it was smothered in make-up.  No one could see the real me, in that of which I was thankful for.  Fake contacts, fake lip color, fake eyelashes, fake skintone, and so on.  There was no way that if I decided to get up and start running away from them would they be able to find me out and chase me down.  My face's structure was obscure, hidden behind my windswept hair.  If I had to run away and get away, I could.  Everyone could see that.  
    The judge cleared her throat and reminded me to awake.  I blinked several times, looking at the meaningless faces of the court.  I could see Denver's parents, boyfriend, and best friend amongst the crowd.  They all were shooting me murderous looks, as if they would come up to the stand and get revenge on their dearly departed Denver.  I hate the man's name so much that I tended to shake my head in pure disgust as I even thought about him.  Everyone looked at me quizzically when I did so, so I returned to my speech.
    "I met Denver Scott on the college campus," I started my speech off, already going back into my mind and seeing it all happen again.  In my mind I could already smell the mixture of cheap cologne/perfume and beer.  I was standing there like an idiot watching as one of the most attractive men I had ever met in my life walked down the road to his next class.  His name was Denver Scott otherwise known as Mister Quarterback and known a little more for the monster in his pants.
    "Hey pretty lady," He said, grabbing my hand from my face and holding it.  I smiled and blushed as he gave me a smirk.  His light brown hair was glimmering in the sun.  His eyes were as blue as a set of sapphires, my birthstone.   His body was built and, if all else failed, there would be at least a 6 pack underneath the jersey he wore.
    "Hello there, Denver," I said dreamily.  He smirked more at the way I had said his name and I realized what a dork I had sounded like.  I realized he probably didn't wish to keep talking to me after this, so I frowned and went to turn away.
    "Hey, Angel, chill.  I was just going to ask if your pretty young self wanted to join me for a party tonight," He said smoothly.  Did he talk to himself in the mirror?  I smiled and nodded, afraid of talking to ruin the moment.  He smiled and flashed his pearly white teeth and nodded.  "I'll come by the girls' dorms and pick you up at 8, then," He continued, before walking towards class again.  I smiled and cheered to myself as I was too embarrassed to burst out into song while everyone's eyes lingered on me.  Some were of pure hatred, others were amused, and some just enjoyed boring their eyes into me.
    I looked back to the court as the memory faded from my mind.  It was one of the most happy memories I had ever had by the man.  He was great, perfect, sweet, charming, devilish, beautiful, amazing, evil, conceited, a jerk, and a player.  He was the most perfect person I was ever with, and I still, to this day, applaud this of him.
    "So what happened after he asked you out?" The defending lawyer asked.  I saw a gleam of happiness in her eyes as I recalled the first meeting.  Everyone in the court was listening as I had spoke my daydream out loud and mostly all the girls had that same dreamy look on their faces.
    "We went to that party," I replied, thinking back in my mind.  Nothing important had happened on that night for me to go into full detail of.  There were so many events that happened.  I had to ponder whether I would be finished telling them before court was out of session for the day.  "Nothing of interest really happened.  He was all over me and I was all over him.  He and I kept going to more and more parties and we were eventually an item," I said to the court.  Some of the girls who knew him looked jealous while his girlfriend who had lost him just looked pleased.


© 2010 Megan Leigh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jay
This is pretty interesting. I look forward to reading another chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Death. Five letter word.- Death, five letter word. Hate, four letter word... U could just do it like that, other then that. i am intrested in it all ready! Do continue to write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 16, 2010
Last Updated on July 16, 2010


Author

Megan Leigh
Megan Leigh

Charleston, WV



About
What is there to say about me? My name's Megan. I'm 14 and I'll be turning 15 in September. I love writing, like so so much. I've wanted to be an author ever since I was a little girl and the dream s.. more..

Writing