Ch 2 Maria's travelling thoughts

Ch 2 Maria's travelling thoughts

A Story by Melanie Jane Boicourt Shanks
"

This is a continuation onto the story that I wrote for the contest "no room at the inn" I hope that you enjoy it!

"

 Chapter 2 Maria's traveling thoughts    

  “I can’t believe what is happening. It seems like the last eight months or so have just all been a dream. Actually, I am still not fully convinced that it hasn’t been. Any day now I will wake up and realize that I am not really pregnant by…. Is this really happening God? Am I really going to bring a child into this world?”    

   Maria sat in silence, half thinking to herself and half talking to her Heavenly Father. Anymore, it was like just the act of thinking was talking to God. She knew for sure now that nothing was hidden from Him. She had always been close to God, but ever since her pregnancy, she felt completely connected to His power and love. She felt so alive and although she knew it was crazy, she knew this baby was not a normal human child.

  She thought of her dreams. It was like this baby was sending her messages. She felt a sense of deja vu all of the time. It was like she would dream out her day before she actually lived it. At first it really scared her and she didn’t know if she was supposed to trust it. She had always been intuitive like her mother but this was different. This was the real deal. It was like living her day twice. The dreams gave her hints of what could happen and what to do if it did. It basically spelled out to her what direction to go.

   Thank God for that. She didn’t realize how much of a sacrifice agreeing to have this baby would be. Joe didn’t know that people were after them. She didn’t want to tell him yet and the dreams hadn’t told her to so she guessed it would be all right. “I know that I keep calling the baby ‘this baby’ and ‘the child’ God.” Maria spoke silently, “I just know that he doesn’t really belong to me Lord. I know that he is a boy. If You could just please reveal his name to me, I will be truly blessed to call him by his true name.”  

  “IMMANUEL” Maria heard in her mind.

   It was a familiar voice that was so distinct, she was sure that Joe had heard it too. She glanced over at him in the driver’s seat. She had almost forgotten that they were in the car. She was so lost in her own thoughts that she hadn’t even spoke to her companion… her husband. She still couldn’t believe it. She had always loved him but had never imagined that he would be interested in her. She was so young and naïve.

   “Why would he have even considered waiting for me to grow up?” She thought. “He is so handsome and smart and fifteen years my senior.” “I am truly blessed Lord. Thank You so much for helping him to understand this whole situation.”

  All of a sudden, Joe looked over at her. He looked strait into her eyes and she knew that everything would be alright. They rode on in silence but comforted somehow. Maria spoke in her mind the name that was revealed to her. “Immanuel.” “God with us” she thought. She felt a peace surrounding her that she had never known before.

 

© 2007 Mejasha Love

© 2008 Melanie Jane Boicourt Shanks


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have been pregnat 2 times in my life and in each of them I KNEW I was a sacred Earth, magic powerful godess, germinating life inside me! And what a special unique life! I was to be a mother of a GOD! A very special sweet God! :) And that is how it should be ALL the time a child is to come to this world of ours, and that i suppose it is what every mother to be should feel! be what ever he name you give to that baby he is a GOD! Now it is the same with the grandchildren!!! I have a new born God with me now! - of course that then society and wrong "values and teachers" try to cut all wings of the angels that come to us, and sacrify in crosses all the gods that are born to the world... but that is another story! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on February 6, 2008

Author

Melanie Jane Boicourt Shanks
Melanie Jane Boicourt Shanks

Fort Wayne, IN



About
I have been writing since I knew how. Before that I would just draw pictures to tell a story. My true passion is poetic lyrics. That is mostly what I am inspired to write. I have been dabbling in othe.. more..

Writing