Grandma's House

Grandma's House

A Story by Extrange
"

Another attempt at a horror story

"
S**t. S**t s**t s**t s**t s**t. I wouldn't even mind being at my grandma's house if everybody didn't leave the first chance they got. Good vacation my a*s, if they wanted to be in a house that perpetually smells like dirty clothes, they wouldn't have gone to a party two towns away. And now it's just me. And all of these goddamn dolls. For some reason, my grandma was a big doll collector. And what better place to put them than in the second guest room. I could have been in the room with the liquor cabinet but nope. I'm stuck in a room surrounded by hundreds of dolls. They're the porcelain kind, with curly hair, long flowy dresses, and painted expressionless faces. They all stand at about 10 inches. And there's almost a hundred standing on shelves placed all around the room. And they'd all be a little less creepy if their lips weren't painted a blood red. I mean, jesus. Who the hell finds these things cute? All the other rooms are locked, and the couch in the living room was replaced with a decorative table. That's a great idea. Decorate a room meant for socializing with a table. I'd rather socialize with the table than stay in this room. But this is the best they have and with the lights off I can't even see the damn things. So I get over it and try to go to sleep. Just as my eyes start getting heavy, I hear a giggle. Not an adult giggle, but that of a little girl. My eyes snap open and I try to pinpoint the source. It's quiet for a little. Then I hear it again. It's coming from the far side of the room. I jolt from the bed and hit the light switch. On the other side of the room, perched on a pink flowery chest is a single doll. She was always there, but something seems off. I feel like she was in a different place than before, if only just an inch. And then I see her face. I remember being creeped out by that specific doll because she was set directly across from my bed and it seemed like she was staring at me. Her face was painted like the others, completely emotionless. But now she had a smirk. Her red lips were stretched farther then the rest and her eyes were slightly raised like she was giddy. S**t. I approach her and pick her up. She's rigid, except for the joints in her legs which allowed my grandmother to sit her on the chest. I touch her face and I can feel the ridges of her lips, her nose, her eyes. There's absolutely no way that anything about her could have changed. But here she was, in my hands, grimacing at me. I set her down and cross the room to the light switch. I turn it off. I hear the giggle again. When light floods the room again, I can see that her head is turned now, facing me. Immediately, I grab her and open the chest, shoving her in. I grab one of my shoelaces and push it through the latch, effectively locking it. I turn the light off again. Five minutes pass. Ten. Nothing. I breathe a sigh of relief and get back in bed. I let my mind wander and my eyes close. Before I know it, I'm asleep. I get woken up by a thud. I open my eyes and see darkness. I hear the thud again, but louder. It's coming from the chest. I hear it again. And again. And again. It gets louder with every time until my ears start hurting from the volume. The window starts shaking, and suddenly it stops. It giggles again. I jump from my bed and turn on the light. I undo my shoelace and pull the doll out. I practically sprint towards my door, then towards the front door. I don't give a s**t what my grandmother will think. I pull my arm back and chuck it as hard as I can outside of the house. After I hear a distant thud I'm satisfied. I lock the door and double check the windows, turn off all the lights and close the blinds. After I'm sure everything is secured, I head to my room. I turn off the light and crawl in bed again. Honestly, I'm surprised I'm still sleepy. But there's no tv, and we're leaving tomorrow morning anyway, so I figure I might as well get some rest. I close my eyes and drift off.
I open my eyes to absolute darkness. I grab my phone and hit the power button to check the time. 4:37. I see that I have a new voicemail and listen to it. It's my mom.
"Honey! Hey, we ended up having just a tad too much fun so mommy and daddy won't be back until tomorrow afternoon. But we love you veery much and we'll see you tomor- Charles! Don't do that!"
Before the message ends I hear her laughing. I can practically smell the liquor on her breath from here. I let my head fall back into the pillow and let my phone fall on my chest. I see something out of the corner of my eye. I turn and see the doll from the beginning of the night. My heart freezes. Her smile's gotten bigger. Oh s**t. Then I hear another goddamn giggle but it's not coming from the doll half a foot away from my face to the left. It's coming from the door. Then I hear another, this one coming from my right. I hear the light switch being turned on and I close my eyes from the shock of fluorescent lights assaulting me. After a few seconds I open them again. Every doll on every shelf is turned towards me. And plastered on their tiny faces are the most terrifying smiles I've ever seen. Past the green dots floating around my vision, I see another doll standing in front of the door, and another on a desk set near the door. As one, impossibly, they all turn their heads towards me. And I swear I can see every single one of their smiles get just a little bigger. The room is flooded with the sound of little girls giggling. They open their mouths."You've been a bad boy," they say as one.
Tears start falling on my pillow. F**k me.
***
Nobody heard the screams that came from the house that night. Or the ripping of flesh, the splatter of blood; the endless cacophony of giggling. His parents returned to see blood stained walls and a mutilated husk lying on the bed. As they screamed in horror, the dolls simply stared into space. And the lone doll perched on the pink flowery chest had a smile permanently etched on it's flawless face; it's lips just a shade darker than before.0

© 2014 Extrange


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on September 5, 2014
Last Updated on September 5, 2014

Author

Extrange
Extrange

About
I write occasionally but I don't know if I've got the chops to write professionally. I've gotten really good feedback from close friends amd family, the only people who have read my writing. But I wan.. more..

Writing
A Miracle A Miracle

A Story by Extrange


A Fairy Tale A Fairy Tale

A Story by Extrange