Spades and Knaves

Spades and Knaves

A Chapter by Spectra Nox

...

 

I muttered curses as I walked down the gloomy path. The streets were dimly lit by streetlights, and I could see some abandoned buildings ahead. This made my stomach flutter in anxiousness.

 

Some pedophile could grab me, I could be murdered.

 

As long as I'm quickly killed, I don't care I thought to myself bitterly.

 

I held up a little pocket watch that I'd found in my shorts. I remembered that Luciela had given it to me when she'd gone to France.

 

I grasped it tightly and held it to my forehead. Luciela was my only friend, she'd be the only person who'd miss me if I died.

 

If I did die, I'd miss Luciela, and I'd miss Matt. It hurt to even think about what their reactions would be like if I died.

 

I let go of my strong grip and let the watch fall limp in my hand. I moved my arms back to my sides, and began to swing the stop watch.

 

I then, suprisingly began to sing "I Love it by Hilltop Hoods ft. Sia". It was one of my favourite songs, and was successful, for an Australian song.

 

Our musicians never really got much number ones.

 

I'm wondering where the day went,
The clouds have me shrouded in grey but,
I'm still out pounding the pavement, word,
Drowning the hurt by pounding rounds in brown paper,
Founded a label now I'm drowning paperwork

 

I sang in a light voice, humming the tune as I walked.

 

With my right hand, I brushed my fingers against each picket of people's fences, and I began to slightly skip.

 

But my song was ripped from my lungs, as a speeding figure shot past me.

 

But not before smacking into my left arm.

 

"Hey!" I shouted, cupping both my hands around my mouth. But then I realised, that Luciela's pocket watch was missing.

 

"Hey! Give it back!" I screamed, chasing after the hooded figure. I was about a few inches behind him and I sprinted as if my life depended on it.

 

He veered left across a road, and I chased after him, only for a car to brake at me.

 

"Sorry" I muttered loudly, as I turned again and continued the hunt.

 

He was really fast, I had to credit him for that.

 

But as I got a better shot, I noticed his grey hood fell back, revealing long white hair, that fell straight and past his shoulders.

 

Not him. Her.

 

I clenched my fist in anger, as I realised this girl was the burlesque woman.

 

"Give it back you s****y w***e!" I shouted on impulse, I prepared myself for her to rage at me.

 

But the woman didn't stop running. In fact, she fled into one of the dark alleyways.

 

I was hesitant, and I slowly walked in after her. I could hear an echoed dripping noise, and I could hear her voice muttering.

 

"I'm going to be so late!"

 

I realised it must be the thief's voice, and became sure of myself. I began to power walk, then jog, then sprint, following the noise this woman was making.

 

All of a sudden, the ground underneath me vanished, and I fell down a dark hole.

 

I started screaming loudly, and watched as my hoodie was torn off me, and wind whipped around me, my vision becoming blurry.

 

The tunnel dipped and curved, and I wondered how I'd exit the tunnel.

 

"If I hit the bottom of this tunnel, I'm probably gonna smash my legs" I though aloud.

 

Down, Down, Down the tunnel went. I wondered if it would ever stop.

 

"Pfft. If I keep going, I'm gonna hit the center of the earth" I muttered, crossing my arms and waiting for certain doom.

 

I then felt the fabric on my arms become more light and feathery.

 

TO BE CONTINUED



© 2012 Spectra Nox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on December 6, 2012
Last Updated on December 6, 2012


Author

Spectra Nox
Spectra Nox

Hervey Bay, Australia



About
Hey hey, I'm Spectra Nox, teen writing extraordinaire (I wish). I like fantasy writing, but I also like to write poems expressing feelings and such. Writing is one of my major passions and I'm a bit s.. more..

Writing
Love Love

A Poem by Spectra Nox