Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Melanie

*Two Weeks Later*

            It’s been two long months since Caleb returned to the last place he thought he would never return to. “Welcome to New York!” a voice over the intercom said as the metro train pulled into the platform. Caleb grimaced as he got off, taking in the sight before him. Some things would never change and maybe that was for the better. Glancing at his arm, he rolled down his sleeve and headed up the stairs towards the main streets above. “Accio map” Caleb mutter, reaching his hand out as the map flew towards him. Glancing to make sure that no one saw him, he opened up the map to find where his cousin was located. It has been too long since…it didn’t matter.  But his cousin wrote and he decided that after two years, he would finally visit his last relative living. Better late than never right?

            Walking in the direction that the address was located, he quickly spotted something unusual. A guy was staring at him, something by his side. Chills went down his spine as the guy proceeded in his direction, glaring. Caleb tensed, ready to battle this person. It wasn’t till the man was 20 feet from him that he realized the man was holding a scrolled up news-paper, and staring behind him. Sighing, he slipped his wand back into his pocket. Not that he needed it to fight, but it was always needy. His cousins husband, after all, has shed way more blood than he ever has. He was also the one who taught Caleb to duel skillfully while wanting to destroy the Dark Lord from within. Turning into an alleyway, he appariated out of the alleyway and relocated right in front of a tiny apartment complex. Before he had the chance to knock, the door opened and a flurry of golden hair flies out, whipping his face. It smelled like strawberries and vanilla, a smell that usually did not blend well together but for some reason on her it smelled amazing. The girl turned and stumbled onto him. She stayed still, breathing heavily, glancing up at him. Her brown eyes, filled with slight fear, raked his body. He smirked slightly. “Done checking me out yet love?” he whispered. Her eyes snapped back up to his face and he loosened his grip on her arm. “I…I wasn’t…” she stammered, licking her lips. He groaned internally, staring back at her. Leaning in, he brushed his lips against her ear. “Can you tell me where an Astoria Malfoy lives?”. She looks up, her eyes widening. “um…yea. I’ll show you.” She mutters, recognition flickering in her eyes. She turned around and unlocked the door, leading him into a dimly lit hallway.

            Following her up seven flights of stairs, she turned slightly towards the left and halted in front of a door. Room 745. “Before you go in, I have to let you know that she’s been looking for you for years Caleb.” She said, smiling slightly. Caleb frowned, wondering how in the world she knew his name when he knew that he never even uttered his name in the first place. Before he had the chance to ask, the door swung open and Draco Malfoy appeared, noticing the girl first. “Marissa, how are you?” he said coolly. Caleb snorted, recalling all the times he encountered Draco when he was younger. Draco’s eyes zone in on Caleb. He slightly smirks and opens the door. “She’s been expecting you.” was all he said and walked off.  The girl, Marissa, looked confused and muttered something under her breath. “What was that?” Caleb asked. “Nothing. Just him to act so cold towards, well everyone.” she sighs and leads him further into the room. Trust Astoria to use an undetectable extension charm to make her apartment larger than the others in this complex. He picked up a picture frame, glancing at a younger version of himself smiling with his mother and Astoria. He grimaced and placed it down, quickly following in step with Marissa. Marissa led him into a room, brighter than the others. “I’ll leave you two alone.” she mutters, and walks out of the room.

 Astoria was sitting in the middle of the room, a cup of tea in her hand. Her grip was shaky as she set the cup down onto the plate. Waving her hand, the door closed and another chair pulled up beside her. “Do sit Caleb…” she muttered and watched as he did so. He gulped as he took in her looks. Even though she was only 20, she appeared much older. Not her looks, but her eyes. He gulped, moving his hair out of his face. “My how you’ve changed cousin” she says smiling slightly. He smiled softly and nodded. It was deadly silent for a good ten minutes, each of them just soaking up each other’s looks. Finally, he spoke, his voice raw with mixed emotions. “I’m sorry Astoria…”. She instantly got up and hugged him tightly. “You’re here now…that’s all that matters.” she whispered, holding him tightly as he cried softly into her arms.



© 2016 Melanie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on April 26, 2016
Last Updated on April 26, 2016
Tags: fanfiction, harrypotter, harrypotterfiction, love, romance


Author

Melanie
Melanie

About
My name is Melanie and I love to write stories, poems, and just random things that pop up into my head. I write fan fictions as well as romantic and horror. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Melanie