Airport Surprise

Airport Surprise

A Chapter by Mental_Mentos
"

This is a chapter in book 3 or 4, I was terribly bored one day, and didn't feel like working on book 1. This is the less magic side of the story.

"

I decided to give into Kamera's begging and allowed her to dress me. So walking to gate Twenty-nine in Brisbane airport, I wasn't surprised I got ALOT of looks. She'd dressed me in a orange, yellow and green pencil skirt, each colour fading into eachother; a high collared navy and white sleeve-less blouse; a navy coloured military styled jacket and studded velvet high heeled boots. For the tenth time I clutched my jacket around me, trying to hide my ensomble, but stopping myself knowing Kamera was watching. "Don't you dare try and hide yourself Rosarene! I'll be watching!" She had yelled out the door before I drove away.

"Mocachino, thanks." I said to the man working behind a cafe's counter. I searched through my purse trying to find some human money.

"Uh... Pardon?" He said, his mouth gaping.

"Mocachino." I repeated, pulling him out of his trance, his eye's quickly averting. Oh man, I knew I should've changed in the toilets.

"Sure, yes, right away." He said busying himself. I grimaced and turned around, letting him get on with his work without me as a distraction. I looked around. The airport was a bit cramped, I'd mentally decided. Too many food outlets crammed on this side of the airport, and on the wing where my gate was, there were no food facilities at all. I bit back a laugh, as a guy about my age was sneakily slipping sachet's after sachets of salt into his friend's coffee cup. I couldn't believe people my age would be so immature, but couldn't help how funny it was. When he looked up and met my eye's, I gave him an approving smirk, which he returned with a lazy smile.
 At least I'd made a kind-of friend on my trip.
"Well, well, well." Said a low, sexy voice in my ear. I tried not to show how frightened I was, but I felt like my heart had leapt out of my chest. "Can't you go one day without capturing a man in your alluring gaze?"

I slowly turned to the source of the voice. Scruffy crimson-red hair and soft purple eye's. This could only be-

"-Johnny..." I scowled.

"Don't sound too happy there sweetling. I'll be around long enough to satisfy your craving." He said with an easy smirk.

I rolled my eye's, "Oh joy."

"I thought so." He nodded.

"Thre-Three fifty." Stuttered a nervous voice behind me. I spun around and searched through my purse again. I sighed, all I had was my platinum internation-express card, a much bigger upgrade of the American express card. It's only given to those who have an endless amount of money in their bank. Only four people in the world own one. Some mega rich guy in America, my mother, my father and me. It meant I was wealthy enough to stop poverty seven times over. That wasn't even including my parents' account. Damn-it.
 Johnny saw my dilema. He reached into his pocket and handed over a fifty dollar note.

"Keep the change." He grinned, "Whew! That was close! You were almost exposed as the richest heiress in history." He tried steering me away, but I kept staring at the guy who filled his friend's cup with salt. For some reason I was intrigued towards the guy.
Johnny scoffed, "So I've known you since we were still in nappies. We've been best friends up until a year ago. Yet that guy you've only smiled at, captivates your attention more than I do? That's just plain silly."

I turned and looked him straight in the eye's, his smirk dissappeared. "What do you want Johnny?"

He was about to reply with one of his 'witty' remarks, but I slapped my hand across his mouth.
 "What do you want?" I repeated, my eye's growing more intense. I could feel something wet against my fingers. I clenched my jaw as I realised he was licking my hand. Digging my nails into his cheek until I knew I was very close to drawing blood, I asked one more time. "I swear to god, if you mess with me one more time Johnny... I will throw you down right now and knock you out," I said through gritted teeth.

He pushed my hand away softly, and opened his mouth to speak, but stopped. "We're boarding now. I'll tell you when we land," When he saw the anger in my eye's he added hastily, "I promise. I know you don't trust or want anything to do with me, but please. Trust me this once."

It was true. There had been a time that I would've died for him. Deep down I knew I still would...
He took my silence as a yes, and steered me away to the gate's counter.
"I hope you don't mind, but I upgraded our seats to first class." He added casually.
I would've normally accepted this offer immediately, but time's were different.

I shook my head, "I can't. Im supposed to lay low."

"Lay low with the way you look and an Internation Card, that could stop poverty seven time's over in your wallet?" He asked teasingly.

I elbowed him in the ribs, "Do not EVER read my mind again," I hissed, pleased that my voice held a threating amount of menace, "And it's a purse, not a wallet."

"Same difference."

"Well I don't give a s**t, Im not going in first class."
"I'm sorry! I just thought I'd book us some seats where we can actually be comfortable in." He said cautiously, "And
serves edible food."
"Since when do airlines NOT serve edible food?" I asked, confused.
"Need I remind you about our trips to Indonesia, when we were tiny?" He said grinning. "Remember the kiddy packs we got?"
I smirked, "Oh yes. If you threw one of the meatballs, it probably would've bounced off the wall."
He looked at me in utter surprise, "Did I just see Rosarene Macero smile?!"
My face fell. "You just had to ruin the mood, didn't you?"
"Don't hate the player, baby." He said, with his hands up in defeat, and ran ahead of me.
"Welcome to Virgin Australia." Smiled an air hostess as Rosarene walked into the plane. "May I see your boarding pass?" She glanced at the ticket, "That's number thirteen, on the left side."
Then she repeated her introduction for the people behind me. I trundelled down the aisle counting the seat numbers. When I passed Johnny he grinned and patted the seat beside him, but I pulled the finger and kept walking. Row ten. Eleven. Twelleve. Thirteen. I threw my duffle bag into the overhead compartment, and slammed it shut. Rummaging through my hand bag, I made sure I had everything I needed, so I didn't piss off the aisle person.

"Get your s**t of the seat! The person's here." Chastisised a voice.

"F**k sake's, half of it's yours!" Replied another.

I looked up to see two boys punching and swearing at eachother in hushed wispers. One of them was the guy who put salt in his friend's coffee cup, and the other, the unfortunate owner of the drink.

"Nice to see a few somewhat familiar faces." I said and looked at the guy with pale brown hair,"How was your coffee?" I asked with grin.

He clenched his jaw, "It was bloody good. However it did have a slight after-taste." And he looked at his friend, "I wonder why, Jared?"

Jared shrugged.

I smiled, "Yes, what a mystery."

Jared hopped out of his seat and gestured for me to take my own. I nodded gratefully and plopped myself on the cheap upholstery.

"Where you headed?" Asked the boy on right, I had only just noticed that both boys had rich aussie accents.
"Uh, Rio Dejanero." I said after a pause.

"Nice!" He dragged the 'I', "Im Nathan by the way, and that's Jared."

"Nice to meet you." I shook both of their hands, "And where are you lot heading?"

Jared laughed, "Bali, mate."

I raised an eyebrow, "Arent you lucky."

"You ever been?" He asked.

"Yeah, I used to go there alot when I was little."

"Why not now?" His eyebrow's were furrowed.

"This is a... Business journey. I don't really get a say on the venue. But I might drop by on the way back." I said thoughtfully.

Jared smirked, "You should come meet up with us."

"Sure why not?" I shrugged.

"So you like a spy or something?" Nathan asked jokingly.

"Um," I said awkwardly. What do I say?! "... Yeah I do work as a sort of spy, I guess you could say."

Nathan and Jared raised their eyebrows. Obviously didn't think I looked the part.

"Hey dude, wanna ride in first class?" Johnny said, leaning on seat, looking at Jared.

"Oh nah, Im alright mate." Jared said confused.

"You sure? I just wanna sit next to my friend, here." He said winking at me. I gritted my teeth.

"Sorry, I don't think it's allowed anyways. Wish I could, but... Yeah." Jared said awkwardly.

"What the hell are you doing here Johnny?" I demanded.

"First class is boring!" Johnny whined, "I wanna hang out with someone cool, and we're going to the same place, so-"

"-What?!" I demanded.

"I said, we're going to the same place, so we might as well hang out." He continued, rolling his eyes. He turned to Nathan, "Yo man, Im serious, you wont get any crap. Just take my seat, I already talk to the lady, host, chick, person."

Nathan got up, "Im not stupid to reject that offer again," Nathan grinned at Jared, "Enjoy Economy class."

Johnny hopped into his seat, and turned to smile at me. "Hello beautiful."I could feel my eye's shooting him ice daggers, and his smile faltered.
"Don't be like that!" He cooed, cupping my cheek.
I raised my eyebrows and my vision darkened as power surged to my eye's. Johnny jerked his hand back and hissed. I leaned back in my seat, eye's closed in contentment.I loved burning people. I reminised when I'd first performed it successfully. Louge had his hands on my shoulders and I just couldn't resist, Jaece couldn't stop laughing. Jaece. My eye's snapped open, as my heart tugged at his name. Jaece. Firmly shutting my eye's, I willed away the tears I knew would spring. I took in deep breaths, calming myself before I started hyperventilating.

"You okay?" Jared put a gentle hand on my shoulder. Opening my eye's I slowly nodded. His eye's softened and he flashed me a smile, which I returned.

Johnny draped a blanket over me, which was a very kind gesture, coming from him. "You should get some sleep, I know how you stay awake whilst in an airport. No matter if you have to wait twelleve hours, your wide awake." Johhny murmured. No matter what he did, I knew I could trust those lilac eye's.

"Thanks." I mumbled, surprised how tired my voice sounded. You could hear the jet's engines reering for take off, "Im really sorry for being such a b***h. You just really hurt me."

"I know." He said softly, he stroked my hair, "Im more sorry then you'll ever know. Now seriously, get some sleep." I could feel the plane's wheel's lifting off the ground, but my eye's closed before I could be sure.

***

"Qanta's would now like to invite all passengers travelling in rows twenty onwards, please line up at gate thirty-three A."
 Stifling a yawn, Rosarene picked up her satchel and duffel bag, walking slowly to the counter.

"Didn't get enough sleep on the plane, Sar?" Johnny asked in a kind voice, as he took Rosarene's duffel bag off her shoulder, and tickets from her hand. "Don't worry, we're pretty much halfway there."

Rosarene scoffed, "Halfway? Feel's like we've been circling the earth a few times."

"Ah..." He smiled, "There's that attitude back again. You must be feeling better."

"Shut up." She smirked and jocking punched him in the arm.
*
Finaly. The seatbelt sign had finaly been turned off, after an unexpected amount of turbulence occured. I couldn't get to sleep, no matter how much my body longed it. I decided to take a stroll... And cure my empty stomach. Walking down the aisle, I tried spotting people from my previous flight, to see if they were on the same flight path as me. I'd given Jared and Nathan a hug, a kiss on the cheek and a bid farewell, before we went our seperate ways, and promised to meet up on our way back. As usual, custom was pointless as ever. What did piss me off though, was that I had been patted down! Did I really look that much like a drug smuggler?
Johnny had wispered, 'It's probably cos your black.' in my ear, which I returned with an 'accidental' smack to the crotch. I spied a mass of messy black hair, that somehow seemed familiar to me. I squinted, and examined the little I could see of him. Was the guy who had sat in front of me on my previous flight? That explained why the back of his head seemed familiar. I returned to my seat, with crackers and cheese packets in my arms. Looking up, I spotted someone was sitting in the window seat, that had been mine upon take-off. I furrowed my eyebrows. Really? There was alot of empty seats, a few rows back, did he really have force me to sit next to Johnny? I forced a civilized smile on my face, planning to annoy the person so much, that they'd have no choice but to move.

"Hey can I have one?" Said the person. I looked at him closer. Everything I was holding had tumbled to the floor, as had my jaw. I didn't care that I probably looked like an complete idiot. Yes this person looked VERY familiar.
The person now sitting in my seat, was Jaece Rolohvahn.

***

He was smilling at me. Smilling! He raised an eyebrow. "What?" He asked innocently.

I glared at him, "What do you think your doing?"

He looked around, "Sitting in my seat."
"What the hell are you doing here Jaece?!" I said exasperatedly, then added in an attempt of casuallness, "And thats MY seat."
"I came to travel with my girlfriend. And come on, you can rest your head on my shoulder." He said with a smile.
I was shaking in fury. I don't know what I hated most; That he was HERE and he acted like nothing had ever happend. Or that I still loved him, regardless of what he did.
"Hey, what the hell Sar? Your kind blocking the aisle- Oh s**t!" Johnny said. He was rubbing his eye's, but stopped to see what I was obviously staring at. His mouth was gaping and he looked, wow, surprised. I was liking this. But looking back at Jaece, that moment of glee had crumbled.
"Damn Jaece! What's up?" Johnny said with a laugh, slapping his hand.
Jace shrugged, "Not much. Dude, you didn't tell her I was coming? She looked like she'd seen a ghost! Then she looked like she wanted to punch something... Hard." he said with a concerned frown.
"Oh... Yeah, right...." Johnny said rubbing his neck awkwardly.
"What the hell Johnny!!" I hissed. A few people turned to look at me, but obvious exhaustion took over and they turned to go back to sleep.
"Im sorry!!" He said.
"Why don't we all just sit down?" Jaece suggested calmly.
"Don't you DARE tell me what to do! You have done enough already." I stared him straight in the eye's. I picked up my snacks and sat on the aisle seat, deciding I was going to ingore him for however long I'll be in his presence.
"Rosa..." Jaece started.
"And don't ever call me that again." I interupted, gesturing for Johnny to hurry up and get in his seat. As he sat down, I pulled out my laptop, and placed it on the food tray.
"Just hear me out! You at least owe me that." Jaece said.
"I don't owe you a single thing, and you know it." I said staring at my computer's screen and keeping my cool, maybe ignoring him wasn't the answer.
"I do... But I was hoping you'd let me anyway." He admitted, "I know what I did was wrong-"
"Wrong?" I threw away my cool-act, "Wrong? Wrong, is when you accidently tell someone my secret. Wrong, is where you go after someone, whom I had warned you not to. Making me love you, then BRINGING me to your father, the one person who wants me dead, is not WRONG!! It is beyond forgivable! It is an act, I would've killed you for. Do not stand there and say, that lying to me, and almost getting me killed, was wrong!"



© 2012 Mental_Mentos


Author's Note

Mental_Mentos
Yet again, Iam aware there will be quite a bit of spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes, so please ignore these, as they are not intentional. Keep the advice coming!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on August 11, 2012
Last Updated on August 11, 2012


Author

Mental_Mentos
Mental_Mentos

Motueka, South Island, New Zealand



About
What can I say? I love to read books and write them. I havent completed any books, but Im getting there. I have a headfull of ideas and a handfull of hope. more..

Writing
Master Master

A Book by Mental_Mentos