Chapter One: Pyris

Chapter One: Pyris

A Chapter by Howlsong
"

Not finnished yet

"

Chapter One:

Pyris.

 

I stepped out of the car and looked at the building in front of me, an old complex surrounded in forestry and shrouded in grey clouds and rain, students hurrying inside to escape the storm, my new home for the next few years. After my aunt died there was nowhere else for me to go. And since I am… what I am, the school offered to take me in and give me my “proper education and training”. I hadn’t planned on becoming a kinetic citizen at the service of humanity but it looks like my path has been chosen for me, unless I can change that somehow but I’ll think of that later. I picked up my luggage and walked forward, stepping through the doors.

The entryway was all but filled with a gigantic staircase. As I walked up the staircase and through the school I noticed that as they walked past some of the students whispered, glanced over their shoulders at me. I can’t imagine why, I’ve never been to this place before. And it continued as walked down the hall to find a bridge to the dorms. Walking over the bridge I could see the other student down below in the courtyard looking, pointing and chatting amongst them self’s, trying to get a glimpse of the new guy. I walked into my room, put down my stuff and laid on my bed. I glanced over at the other bed wondering what my roommate would be like. The sheets on the beds were a dark blue and the wooden walls on the other side of the room were covered in sticky notes and photos of family and friends, a large window was set between the beds. Just then the door opened and a small boy or looked like a small boy walked in. quietly he said a quick hello and went to his desk, and started writing something in his book. I rolled over to see what he was writing and all I could see was the title “chemistry assessment” I laid there for a while waiting for something to happen bored out of my mind I decided to look around. As I walked out of my door I heard my name over the loud speaker “Valentine report to the office”. For a moment there id forgotten my name. I never really used my proper name, Valentine. Instead I’d called myself Pyris, after Pyrokinesis. My kinesis. So I headed downstairs to the office and waited at the desk. The admin behind the counter smiled as she handed me my new subject time table, “Classes start on Monday”.

“Thank you”, I said as I took the small sheet of paper and headed out the door. On my way to explore the rest of the grounds I unfolded it to see what my classes will be. ‘So, Monday- Mechanics class, English/History, Maths/ Sciences and Sports/ Practical Physics.’  



© 2013 Howlsong


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

hmm this was short, although I felt like I was reading a prologue. I'm trying to connect with the character but so far there is no connection. But I must say the title is quite an attention catcher especially for a writer like me. Please do me a favour and keep this up and continue to develop your story

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 30, 2013
Last Updated on October 30, 2013


Author

Howlsong
Howlsong

Charters Towers, QLD, Australia



About
I'm a sort of lone wolf. Supposidly the only one in my town/ state. But it dosnt worry me too much anymore, my "human" friends are good enough for me, the best friends in the world, actually. Favor.. more..

Writing
Night Night

A Chapter by Howlsong


Wolf Stuff Wolf Stuff

A Book by Howlsong