I remember

I remember

A Poem by Maria
"

My mom loved the ocean, water, smell of the sea, feel of the sand and such....

"
I remember.
The time, we shared at your favorite beach.
I remember.
How you smiled and laughed in being surrounded by the sea and the sun.
We had no clue, you never said, if we had known, would it have been so?
I remember.
The way you looked, as you walked on the sand, feeling the sun beating down on your skin, and your eyes, so shiny and bright, as a child you walked, taking it all in, for the very last time.
I remember, how we got dressed for the night, and looked forward to having a great dinner.  You always made sure to have an outfit for each occasion.
I remember.
How you allowed us to roam free, as you stayed, laying down, under the shade of a palm tree.
And than you got into the ocean, and took your time, swimming and turning, here and there, as a child, enjoying it all.
I remember.
You never stopped smiling, each day, you would look so fine, and healthy.
I never had a clue then, just how sick you really were. The poison that was killing you, so quietly.
I remember.
How you nagged about my picture taking, yet we all enjoyed the time we had together and a very fond memory had been created.
I remember.
Wanting to go back and do it all over again, as before, yet we never were able to take you there, once the illness got to you.  And I recall how you dreamed of going back just once, but alas it was never done, and I regret this, yet in the end, we still had the memories.
I remember.
How I wept the last time I went to the beach, and you were no longer with us, by our side, looking out for us.
I remember.
The look in your eyes, once you knew your end was near, and how much you would have wanted to go to the beach with us, just one last time...

© 2017 Maria


Author's Note

Maria
My mom loved the beach. Since I can remember, she eagerly awaited the summer to go to Ocean city MD. And in her birth country, El Salvador, she loved going to a place called Decameron Salinitas. Its a beach resort that used to be privately owned. Last time we went was in 2013...and afterwards, we never were able to go back with her.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Very touching and beautiful. Joy melt into the sad. But picture your mum stay within you on forever.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maria

6 Years Ago

Thnks and much appreciated
Devastating and sad, it's not so much places which are significant but the people we visit those places with. This is really nicely written, simple yet poignant.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maria

6 Years Ago

Thanks. Appreciate all input.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 30, 2017
Last Updated on May 30, 2017
Tags: love, family, mom, memories

Author

Maria
Maria

Fairfax, VA



About
I write from my heart, soul and mind. Sharing both past and present trials, that I have faced and or am facing. I believe strongly in God and the Bible, yet I respect everyone's views. I myself am no.. more..

Writing
My Punishment My Punishment

A Story by Maria


My Scars My Scars

A Poem by Maria