Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Neeeks!

Voices filled the air, crowds of people shouting as they tried to be heard over one another. People were pressed against each other, squirming and moving around others as they tried to make their way to the front of the cluster. Cars honked their horns in annoyance as more people ran across the streets to join the others, the crowd steadily growing, and the people in their vehicles making their impatience clear with profanity, adding to the noise and commotion that filled the street. There were people dressed in matching uniforms standing at the front of the crowd, refusing to let anyone get any closer to their final destination; a fairly decent sized, somewhat rundown building, matching the other buildings in the urban town. A few of the men that stood in front of the crowd exchanged glances, knowing by the looks they saw reflected in the others eyes that the same thoughts were running through each others head: it was going to be a long night.

Most of them still couldn't understand what was so special about this particular night, why they had such a riled group of people in front of them. It was excellent for business, of course, but it was nights like this one that made some people hate being security guards at such events. Sure, the free shows that came with the job were great, but both security guards and staff members were always too busy to really pay attention to them. Too busy keeping their eyes open for thieves, people starting trouble with others, and the people that drank until they were too drunk to stand, let alone walk. That wasn't the case on this night. Not quite, anyway. The place wasn't going to be packed with adults moshing to a metal band that screamed into the microphone to the point where one was unable to fully understand the lyrics of the songs. No, definitely not on this night; maybe the next, but not this one.

This night was going to be worse, in some people's opinion. Instead of the familiar adults, the familiar drunks and thieves, the place was going to be full of teenage and preteen girls; packed from wall to wall. Tickets were going to sell out quickly, as had all the other dates for this particular tour, and there were probably going to be quite a few people that would have to go home. There would definitely be a lot of protesting to that, something none of the security guards or staff felt like dealing with. Not when they were dealing with screaming, hormonal girls. It wasn't like the world would come to an end if any of them weren't able to see the show as they desired- it was just another concert, one like any other -but they would certainly act like it was. Nothing was worse than having young girls screaming out their love for a band they had so recently hated, frowned upon and wanted nothing to do with. Sure, this was the last performance this band was going to do in the states before going back to Europe where they would finish the tour, playing a final show in the same place they had started, but that didn't mean that they wouldn't come back for another tour.

It wasn't quite clear how the group had come to be so famous in the United States, not when they were previously hated. Was it the lead singer, Bill Kaulitz, and his androgynous looks; his ability to have a way with words and acceptance of others? Was it the guitarist of the band, Bill's twin brother Tom, and his way of charming the girls; his style that stood out among his band mates? Or was it the drummer and bassist, Gustav Schäfer and Georg Listing, with their way of being the only two in the band that seemed to match each other but still have their own style? Was it the way the four boys had always been so close with each other that they seemed to make up their own little family, yet have completely different personalities and beliefs?

Maybe it was the way each song had a meaning, a message behind it; the way the lyrics flowed and could connect to anyone who happened to be listening; the harmonious flow of instruments. Maybe it was the way each song and album released was different in their own way, but still maintained the familiarity throughout them all that would make one say, "I know that band!" when their songs were heard on the radio. Or maybe it was the recent receiving of the MTV Europe Music Award for being the 'Best International Act' just weeks prior to their current tour. Yeah, that was it; liked for the awards they had received, not their personalities and hard work, their dedication to please their listeners. It was all because of the awards. In the music industry, you don't count unless you win awards. At least, that's what so many like to believe.

Most of these preteen girls had hated Bill for his looks, most people refusing to listen to anything from the boys because their initial thought had been that Bill was indeed a girl; hating that Bill and Tom's styles didn't match any of the other members; not wanting to listen to music of another language, and hating the band when they started rerecording their songs in English so that all their fans worldwide could enjoy their music. No one cared about the bands good intentions and dedication to those who did appreciate the work the boys put behind everything. Not until the band had won that award, despite all the previous awards they had won. Until that single award was given to them, Tokio Hotel was a rather unpopular band in the states, known by very few. When it was learned of the award being given to the band, all these new fans came crawling out of the woodwork, once hating the band but now loving them.

Was that all that really mattered to everyone? All the awards this band could obtain? Did anyone truly care about what happened in this band that the world didn't see? It seemed as if most of the fans only liked the awards, some still ashamed to admit to listening to them, many still hating the boys. There were, however, a good handful of fans who had loved everything the boys did for everyone, remaining fans while others seemed to drift away; constantly hoping that the boys would be happy during their journey to the top. If they ever fell, those fans would be there, ready to help them if needed; wanting to return the favor for being given something amazing to listen to, to watch, to experience. The only disappointment for these particular fans was that they always got categorized as "just another fan" when they were much more than that.

It was always these fans who cried when they saw the boys upset, cheered when they made another step toward their goals, laughed at all the jokes made between the members. It was always these fans who constantly wished for the best to come to the band, for them to overcome every obstacle thrown at them, for them to be happy with everything they did, that nothing would come between the boys and their friendship. Some fans wished they knew the members personally, that they could consider themselves to be friends, but that wish always seemed to be more and more distant with each step the band took; seemingly pulling away from their fans, however unintentional these actions may have been. It's in such moments that true fans are recognized, refusing to give up their hope for the boys. They continue wishing, praying and hoping that the boys won't forget about those who have always been there, wanting a chance to meet the band members; a chance to meet their idols.

Maybe, just maybe, that last concert, that last night in the United States would be different; maybe that would be the night that one wish could finally come true. But will the final outcome be what they truly wanted? Or will they regret it forever?


© 2010 Neeeks!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
Added on October 12, 2010
Last Updated on October 12, 2010
Tags: Tokio Hotel, Bill Kaulitz, Tom Kaulitz, Georg Listing, Gustav Schäfer


Author

Neeeks!
Neeeks!

Pine Ridge, SD



About
Hello, the name's Echo, but my friends refer to me as Neeeks, Echo-Neko, Echo-chan, Neko or Neko-chan... You get the point. I'm twenty-one, a vegetarian and have been writing for almost nine year.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Neeeks!