Music

Music

A Story by Mey

 

The music played but no one listened. It just took up space, swirling around the car like bats, smashing into the windows and assaulting out ears. It was beautiful normally, but in this moment it was only enhancing the silence, the things not said.
I looked at her but she kept her eyes firmly on the road blinking back tears.
I’m sorry I thought.
He’s sorry she knew. But that made no difference not now. Not after what he’s done.
He hadn’t done anything but everything was his fault.
He sighed, and it was a final sigh. A goodbye sigh. A farewell sigh.
The music played but no one listened.

© 2009 Mey


Author's Note

Mey
I respectfully ask is that you don�t critique my work or my grammar, but I welcome comments with open arms.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the simplicity in this. Without knowing anything about these characters or even what song is playing we get a story. Also, it's a nice touch that you make the music seem tangible, "It just took up space, swirling around the car like bats, smashing into the windows and assaulting out ears." It made the awkward silence between the characters all that more... elephant-in-the-room... ish.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was very good! You had to think about it and I like stories like that. Nice job!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 9, 2009

Author

Mey
Mey

Home



About
I like to think of myself as a dark and talented individual. I like to think that what I write matters to someone. I like to think that by writing that someone, somewhere, will enjoy what I’ve w.. more..

Writing
Again Again

A Poem by Mey


Turbulence Turbulence

A Poem by Mey