Snow (boy part 2)

Snow (boy part 2)

A Story by Mey
"

Death's chill mingles with the falling snow

"

Snow slipped from the sky like a million paratroopers dropping from the heavens; littering the world below with their bodies. The ground was lost beneath the press of frozen soldiers, the braches bent with the weight of their sacrifice, and yet the sky still blossomed with untold millions more.

Through this frozen wasteland a single figure trudged; His feet in oversized boots, his legs in ripped jeans, his hands shoved deep in his pockets. Over his slender chest hung an oversized shirt; fresh blood freezing over its left breast. Behind him flames gagged on snow laden wood and frozen concert.

A slow smile filled with more venom than a thousand black widows split his chapped lips.

They thought he could be trapped, they thought he could be contained; they thought that they had finally had the upper hand on a creature that they could neither understand nor control. They were wrong and now they were dead.

From his pocket the boy removed a small cheap lighter and a packet of expensive cigarettes. Blood stained smokes from the pack before lighting what was to be his celebratory smoke.

As the smoke blossomed into the boy’s lungs, his mind once again turned to darker places.

There would be other men, the boy knew, there were always other men.

It was time for it to end, once and for all.

The world beckoned him and the boy wandered towards his fate without hope, without fear, and without remorse.

© 2009 Mey


Author's Note

Mey
I respectfully ask is that you don�t critique my work or my grammar, but I welcome comments with open arms.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
Added on November 10, 2009

Author

Mey
Mey

Home



About
I like to think of myself as a dark and talented individual. I like to think that what I write matters to someone. I like to think that by writing that someone, somewhere, will enjoy what I’ve w.. more..

Writing
Again Again

A Poem by Mey


Turbulence Turbulence

A Poem by Mey