Love

Love

A Story by Mey
"

A story exploring the darker side of love.

"

His fist struck out like a flash of lighting hitting her face like a crack of thunder. She snapped back, bending like a dancer in a bizarre parody of a dip. His fist hung in the air for a moment before the weight of what he’d done dragged it down to hang at his side.

She straightened, turning to face him slowing; her cheek already swelling. Her face burned with righteous fury, his with shame and sorrow.

“I’m-” he began

“F**k you.” She turned towards the bedroom they shared.

“Lisa, I didn’t.” his words caught in his throat.

“Didn’t what?” she said whirling on him still holding the snow globe they had picked up as a souvenir of their trip to England. “Didn’t mean to punch me in the face?”

She whipped back around.

“Honey-”

“No.” she screamed “you don’t call me that, Never again. Not after what you’ve done.”

“Laura, I’m sorry, I never wanted to hurt you. I just saw your hand raised and I thought...”

“What? What could you possibly f*****g think? That I would f*****g hit you. F**k you, F**k you piece of f*****g s**t.”

She ran to the bedroom that they had once shared and slammed to door. She turned the lock quickly, afraid that he would try to come in. Afraid that he would see her tears. Afraid that he would realize that she had been planning to hit him, and that he had just simply been faster.

She sat alone and she cried. She cried the huge bawling tears that left her coughing, curled into a little ball trying to hold onto some of the air that was rushing from her lungs. She wailed until there was nothing left, she cried until the tears had wiped her clean and she could stand on her own.

She stood up slowly, looking around as if in a daze. She stood there, leaning against the door and began to try and compose herself, wiping the snot and tears from her face, and trying to straighten her dress in a desperate attempt to reclaim the moment before the fight. She opened the door slowly, looking out at the empty hallway.

“John? John I’m sorry.” She called out into the nothingness that had become the hallway. “John?”

She turned the corner, slipping from behind the door that had been her shield, standing alone and defenseless in the hallway, looking out onto the empty apartment.

“John?” she called out desperately summoning the last of her hope into that word. “John?”

The apartment was empty. And Laura was alone.

She fell to her knees and began to cry.

© 2010 Mey


Author's Note

Mey
I welcome comments with open arms.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this but I hate it at the same time because it's so sad. :( Good job describing the emotions.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was such a sad story to read. Sad because situations like this happen every day and nobody seems to realize that. It's sad how two people who once loved each other could turn into something like this.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 21, 2010
Last Updated on November 21, 2010

Author

Mey
Mey

Home



About
I like to think of myself as a dark and talented individual. I like to think that what I write matters to someone. I like to think that by writing that someone, somewhere, will enjoy what I’ve w.. more..

Writing
Again Again

A Poem by Mey


Turbulence Turbulence

A Poem by Mey