Reluctant to begin

Reluctant to begin

A Story by LaMarcus Childrous
"

If you don't start on your dreams, they will pass you by.

"

 

You have thought about it over and over in your mind but have been reluctant to begin. For years you have had a dream of opening a restaurant. You are a family and friend favorite when it comes to cooking. Everybody calls on you to make that special dish on holidays and on Sundays. 

You take notice how the plate gets cleaned and everybody wants seconds of your one of a kind dishes. Your family even brings their friends over to get a smell and a taste of the gourmet cooking from you. Your community knows of you and your coworkers wait impatiently for pot luck. 

Now, you are wondering what it would be like if you open a restaurant.  You begin to look around at the Moms and Pops restaurants to evaluate their success. Then, you start wondering about the amount of money that it would take to start your business. All of a sudden, you get a lump sum of money and the restaurant idea is out the window. It is not even on the radar. It seems to you that it is a big risk and since the money that you have just gotten doesn’t come all the time, you refuse to invest in it. You are not a risk taker. 

Knowing that you are not a risk taker and you are unwilling to invest in your own dreams, they will die at the same time that you do. Your dream will be in the graveyard with the rest of the dreams of other people. You can change that. You lack determination. Your dream of owning a restaurant will not fall out the sky. It is going to take effort. It is going to take physical ability; it is going to take you. You are the only person that is holding your hand. The dreams that you have is only for you to achieve, and only you can achieve them. Every other person on earth has their own assignment. The best way to predict our future is to create it. Look at the things that we have done in the last day, week, or month. It is a good way to determine our future. It is in our hands 

What you need to do until it is possible is look for an area that you want to set up your restaurant.  If is it is a building, check to see how much the rent, utilities, and insurance will cost. If you can afford to pay your rent and insurance for one year then do so. If not, you will want to at least pay for six months of expenses. With future expenses paid in advance, you won’t have to count your customers as they come, you can relax and spend time communicating with your customers. You can learn of any new items or popular ones. Once you get to this point you can focus on content instead of bills. 

 

© 2019 LaMarcus Childrous


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on August 25, 2019
Last Updated on August 25, 2019