Top of the bottom

Top of the bottom

A Story by LaMarcus Childrous
"

Some of us are content without challenging ourselves.

"

Some of us are in control over more people than ourselves. We get content with having the little things as long as they are more than the people that we are governing.

Many times, we have the ability to get to the next level. What happens is we get complacent without challenging ourselves to the best of our ability. We want results, but we refuse to do the work.

We also have job titles and refuse to communicate with the next level of authority. Let’s use McDonalds. You may be a shift manager and don’t communicate with the General Manager. Of course, you may attend mandatory meetings however, you neglect to find out what it would take to be a General Manager. Then frequently, the District Manager comes in and you probably find yourself a little intimidated. You may find yourself avoiding contact or having the least amount of contact possible. Why is that we find ourselves in proximity with people in positions of the next level and fail to utilize the moment.

All of a sudden, the big meetings are over. The District Manager is long gone, and you haven’t said much to him or her while in the same vicinity. You could have gotten their personal number, email, or home address to add the District Manager to your social circle. They say that pictures speak volumes and you didn’t do that. You are waiting on your shift to start so that you can tell the high school kids, or regular crew what to do. You are content with being unchallenged in classification. Simply put, you are content with being on top of the bottom.


 

© 2020 LaMarcus Childrous


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on May 3, 2020
Last Updated on May 3, 2020