Escaping Your Mind

Escaping Your Mind

A Story by Michaela Bell

Every morning as my eyes peer open, the angular edges and white seams of the soft, caseless pillow lay parallel from my head. Crinkles, dents, and layers of folds surround me with destinations. These destinations all seem to have an end, racing and racing, but not long lasting. I start to wonder what it would be like if this queen-sized mattress was all that was consumed of physical space. What if we were stuck within the sheets, among never ending creases, blankets, and folds. It frightens me that sometimes the human mind can be the same way. We become trapped, clouded by self-doubt, and plagued by our own endless thoughts. These thoughts dilute our perception of happiness and we begin to build invisible steel bars. But this bed doesn't have steel bars, it's a mattress, that we can escape.
Authors Notes
The mind is the equivalent to your mood and how you carry yourself. If your mind is depleted of these happy serotonin chemicals, how do you escape the negative outcomes and thoughts from the lack of these chemicals? You have to recognize and change your thought pattern rather than delve in and let it eat you alive.

© 2023 Michaela Bell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on March 10, 2023
Last Updated on March 10, 2023
Tags: Psychology, Mind