The Sick Rose by William Blake --- Rendition by Micheleyves

The Sick Rose by William Blake --- Rendition by Micheleyves

A Poem by Micheleyves
"

My words and feeling about: The Sick Rose by William Blake

"

The Sick Rose by William Blake --- Rendition by Micheleyves


In contrast to popular belief, this poem unveils a mask of worldly desires thus stripping every ounce of pureness from the soul. I think the poem expresses the premise of transgression.

 

 

The rose is indeed sick; sickness falls upon its beauty filled with sin. It was once like an adolescent, the bloom of innocence.

 

The temptation of an imp exceeds her moral aspects of life.

 

The cries in the night are filled with desires and chaos bonded by selfishness.

 

Time has changed all, in a unusually abrupt manner.

 

The sinner now knows right from wrong, faith, love, and wickedness. Imagine a place where faith and unbelief cross paths, and a place where the roads converge good and evil.

 

The pain, suffering, and isolation are most comforting, exposing the dark secret of your mortal sins.

 

You welcome these sins, just like greeting an old lover as it destroys a tapestry of beauty.

 

© 2013 Micheleyves


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think you may be extrapolating a little too much in the latter half, but you're more or less correct.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Micheleyves

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the review ... could you be a bit more specific I am new at writing and I'm attending .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Added on April 23, 2013
Last Updated on April 23, 2013

Author

Micheleyves
Micheleyves

Daytona Beach, FL



About
I am a newbie. I am attending university and studying becoming a writer. I would greatly appreciate if anyone who want to rely with constructive criticism would do so I would love that. I can us all .. more..

Writing