Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
 How The Story Begins In The World of Gavierus Islands

How The Story Begins In The World of Gavierus Islands

A Chapter by Midnight Spring
"

The servant Ganor Caro returns to his master, alchemist Lord Galendoor, to give him something that will be able to be the key to rule Gaverius Islands and make Tyrorean rule the dominating power of their world.

"

In the secluded Deepmoor forest, the weather was moist and cold. The wind rushed east; the trees and the grass swayed delicately as they followed the wind’s direction. The sky was painted cerulean, and the heavy clouds were shaded slate gray. Fog dominated the land; it was a barrier between the inhabited land and the forest. Raindrops fell quickly, soaking the grass and the ground-formed slit. Animals ran back into their enclosed habitats.

In the midst of the hazy weather, a silhouette made its way out of the fog. The silhouette is that of a bald man of short height. He held a candle in his hand. Slowly, he found the trapdoor leading to his master’s underground laboratory. He groped on the rusting handle of the door and the tunnel started to moist. A few minutes passed and he was in the middle of the tunnel. After he finally saw the door, he spoke “Master, it is I, your servant Ganor Caro, and I have found what might have been the answer to your problem.”

“Have you obtained the scroll without getting caught by Aero’s guards?” A bass voice boomed through the door, a voice that could scare the demon himself.
“Certainly, Master. King Aero has the worst guards in all of the Kings of Berithinia.”
“Enter then, Ganor.”

The door creaked and the master who stood in front of the servant is a giant of muscular fit. His cordovan eyes, long black hair, and pale gray skin scared the servant. To think that the alchemist wore a black felt robe with a hood was even more frightening. The bass voice that flows from the mouth of the master is indeed morbid and terrifying.

“Follow me.”

The servant followed his master, who lit the room with the torch by the left side. On the left side of the room was a rack lined with vases, bottles, tubes, and pots of chemicals, and below the rack was a wooden bistre table with the alchemist’s tools and jewels that were stolen from the Berithinian castle’s and never found by King Aero’s men. Across the door of the laboratory were several other things—at the left of the wall was a map of the land of Berithnia, that faded to a shade of metallic yellow. Beside the map was a lit torch, and at the center of the wall across the alchemist and the servant is a brick fireplace that was well-lit. It added warmth to the surroundings, making the servant feeling relaxed from such an unpleasant mission from the Castle of Euphron to the very floor his feet stands on. Logs resided beside the fireplace in case the fire will fade. On the right side of the room was a shelf filled with books about alchemy, manuals about potions, and copies of the Berithnian historical records. On the floor were more pots for future potions to be poured in. Lastly, the center of the room had, a small wooden table topped with fruits that were their only source of food. Each side of the table was a chair, and the men sat on one chair each.

“Now Ganor,” the master began. “I shall read the scroll.”
The servant’s withering hands handed over the scroll over to his master. He placed his lamp beside the fruits on the table, and his master grasped the lamp from him to have enough light while reading the parchment.

The Diamond of Mirannis

“Mirannis is a great young warrior born in 500 C.E. the small Berithnian town called Acrefair. With his dexterity, courage, and patriotism, he lead Berithnians in the Battle of Utonia, and won against the barbaric race Tyroreus. Before the great battle occurred, his men claimed a beautiful nymph named Fleur, who was then dying of thirst, gave Mirannis a diamond that gives the one who possesses it great power and good fortune. Realizing that his sword lost the ruby ornament that was the same round hexagonal step-cut as the diamond is, he placed the diamond in the exact spot. On the day of the battle, Berithnians won and Mirannis, at the age of 24, is declared King of Berithnia, and defeated Tyrorean king Barbarius, who had to hand over the kingdom of Tyroreus to King Mirannis himself.

The Diamond of Mirannis could only be possessed by the current king of Berithnia and nobody else, for the diamond has great power and it symbolizes the highest position in the land just like Mirannis had in his time before his death in 534 C.E. As of this year the scroll is written—998 C.E., the possession of this Diamond is now of King Aero of Agrenollus.

If the diamond was ever stolen from the current king and the bandit is caught, the bandit shall be dealt with and face death penalty. But if the he obtains the power within the Diamond of Mirannis, then he will be the new King of Berithnia. Unless he is killed by someone else, who must be the new owner of the diamond. The said situation may not occur if the thief has appointed an heir to hold possession of the diamond.”


“Mirannis…” the master began to flush with fury as blood boiled in his body. “If that insolent lad didn’t win the battle my ancestor Barbarius would’ve triumphed, therefore Tyroreus would be the most dominant land in the whole Gavierus Islands!”

“Master Galendoor—“

“Quiet, Ganor! Where was I?” the master fumed. “Oh, yes. If I can get my hands on that gem, the kingdom will be in my hands! Soon, I will burst out of this underground abyss, and rule the Gavierus Islands once I possess the Diamond of Mirannis!”

“But, Sir Galendoor,” Ganor interrupted. “How is that possible?”



© 2009 Midnight Spring


Author's Note

Midnight Spring
Tenses are bad, so don't be surprised.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
1 Review
Added on June 16, 2009


Author

Midnight Spring
Midnight Spring

Philippines



Writing
Luck Luck

A Chapter by Midnight Spring


Shipwreck Shipwreck

A Chapter by Midnight Spring