The Girl Who....

The Girl Who....

A Poem by Cookie

Amy looks at the old, dirty mirror, reaching her hand out to touch her own reflection.

"I miss you..." she whispers tearfully.

The girl who ran outside with her, each child pushing to be the first out the door...

The girl who played in the mud with her, making mud pies to taste and then throw at each other...

The girl who pushed her into the pool muddy, and got both of them in trouble...

The girl who helped her to make dresses out of leaves, who taught her to sew with orange tree thorns...

The girl who snuck up behind her in the hall with her hands around her throat, "this is how you kill a person by strangling them, remember that" as she got dizzy...

The girl who tap-danced with her in the garage and taught her how to move her feet to make noise...

The girl who showed her music, and how it could erase all her problems, or create them...

The girl who taught her how to make yucky green salt cupcakes for their father to choke down after work...

The girl who taught her how to clean right in the shower... even when she didn't want to learn that yet...

The girl who taught her how to hide away when she was hurting so that nobody could tell...

The girl who essentially raised her, when their parents were always too busy...

The girl who showed her how to play with people, and with dolls, and how to make her own toys...

The girl who proved to her that she could be okay and come out on top, after anything...

The girl who taught her exactly what "anything" could be...

Tears streaming down her face, she traces her cheekbones in the mirror, as if to wipe away the tears on her reflection...to wipe away the memories, to make it all go away.

© 2013 Cookie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like it.

Your writing style brings it all together very nicely.

Will definitely read it again.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There is so much going on here and it is all wondrous in it presentation. Much enjoyed. Your friend in words, Pete

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
What a fantastic piece of writing, it's so vivid and story like. It's beautiful :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
A sad and devastatingly emotional piece, and perfectly-crafted...the repetition makes a reader stop and take in every single line with all the emotion it entails...a great piece that went right to my heart...well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cookie

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :)
kublakhan27

10 Years Ago

My pleasure :)
love the emotion in this piece, fantastic job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
5 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 3, 2013
Last Updated on September 3, 2013

Author

Cookie
Cookie

GA



About
Hi, I'm Cookie! I'm 19. My writing is strange. more..

Writing
Mary Mary

A Story by Cookie