First Impression

First Impression

A Chapter by Bianca

The sun has not yet broken the veil of darkness thats hangs heavy like a curtain in the sky.

The full moon only adds a touch of light and a slightly eerie view

 My eyes focus then I see tiny puffs of smoke pierce the air, unknowingly I walk closer.

I come to a halt when I see him.

  A boy of the age sixteen. A cigarette held in his fingers, he lets out the smke rings

 tilting his face to the sky.

  I stand still and stare, he has short black hair and dark chocolate brown eyes.

Skin ever so pale, it must be the color of snow. He closes his eyes and flicks the cigarette to the ground.

 

"Hi," he says quietly, careful not to startle me.

        I stare at the cigarette, wondering if he plans on picking that up.

"I never saw you before. Did you just move?" He speaks as one will to a child.

 

 "Hard to see someone when you're not looking." I whisper.

 

He reaches his hand out towards me and I see a tatoo, a sketch of a childs face.

 "Who's that?" I ask.

 

 He pulls at his sleeve. "My daughter..." his voice falls silent.

 

 I c**k my head to the left. "How old are you?"

 

 "Sixteen."

              Sixteen? That's not old enough to smoke is it? "I...I better go." I turn and run down the street but not fast enough to hear his words...

 

  "...A first impression is a lasting impression..."

 

      And so it is.



© 2013 Bianca


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on February 28, 2013
Last Updated on February 28, 2013


Author

Bianca
Bianca

Homestead, FL



About
i written stories and poems for years, i would love to become an author. i have been accepted to a writing school yet i had to decline because of my parents. my favorite author is Ellen Hopkins, i act.. more..

Writing
Frothy shores Frothy shores

A Poem by Bianca


First try First try

A Chapter by Bianca