.

.

A Story by Kayla

He turned around and saw it. The grotesque, hairy thing. It was impossible to miss. All hair and spit and teeth. Not to mention the claws, eight inches long and razor sharp. They were attached to a paw, the biggest paw he had ever seen. They had crushed the brush beneath, leaving behind a clear trail. 
  The boy's heart leaped into his throat. He froze, eyes wide and barely able to breath. This beast was suppose to be a myth. His father said so. Every inch of his 12 year old body told to him to run. His legs were screaming at him to turn around and bolt in the opposite direction as fast as he could. He couldn't. He just stood there, wishing he hadn't wandered off he path.
 The beast had not noticed him yet. The boy could still get away. He could back away slowly and run toward camp. His family would be there, so would his friends. If only he weren't so scared.
  He finally stepped back when the beast turned his great head and looked at him. The beasts eyes were milky white and his snout was flecked with white hairs. This was an old one. He froze again. The beast stepped towards him and sniffed the air. Here was the battle again between his body screaming at him to run and something deep within him not letting him. Trapped. The beast made another step.

 'Come on legs' The boy internally begged

 The beast made another step.

 'Why can't I move?'

 One more step, this ancient monster was now within arms reach. The boy couldn't breath. His fear was choking him. The beast sniffed again then let out a thunderous roar. The boys knees buckled. Tears streamed down his face and warm piss ran down his leg. He let a barely audible whimper, shut his eyes and waited for death. He braced himself for the pain and prayed he would go quick.
  He waited.
  And waited.
  And waited.
 The young boy then opened his eyes to see nothing. It was gone. He let out a breath he forgot he was holding and wept. He sat there and let out every tear. 
 When at last he finished he stood and looked at his surroundings, there wasn't even the trail that the beast had made.

© 2016 Kayla


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is full of suspense and really well written! I got a really clear insight into the boy's mind. Good ending too.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very fast paced! I want to read more, and definitely curious to find out the lore behind this ancient beast.

Posted 10 Years Ago


very well written ":)....

Posted 10 Years Ago


Kayla

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much.
Jeannear

10 Years Ago

your very welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
3 Reviews
Added on January 22, 2014
Last Updated on April 11, 2016
Tags: suspense, fear

Author

Kayla
Kayla

Canada



About
I am just trying to get better at something I am passionate about. Any advice is most appreciated more..

Writing
 Writing Exercise #3 Writing Exercise #3

A Screenplay by Kayla