Temporary Girl

Temporary Girl

A Story by Millennie Nieva

Temporary child, temporary student, temporary friend, temporary girlfriend and a temporary lover, she is the temporary girl. Everything in her is not permanent. She is not even permanent.

Once upon a time, she is having fun with her family. They are the definition of a happy family, more like, a perfect family.

Her father is a sales and marketing manager in a big company. Her mother is a doctor. She has a very sweet younger sister and a very cool eldest brother. Everything is perfect until a very cliché truth unfolds.

She's a temporary child of Javier family. She’s only an adopted child.

She was left there, in the trash can with a note saying, “We love you. We will get you back in our arms soon.” And how the hell would they get her back if she died during that time?

Javier family's maid saw her. She was rushed to the hospital because she was just 8 months that time. Cliché, right? But, that damn cliché situation devastated her whole life.

Her real family, the Luna family, is not that wealthy. Her real father is not even working. Her real mother is an owner of a small canteen. Her younger brothers and sisters are not even studying. How did they have the courage to get her back? They are all shameless.

"Jashy, we have some important matter to discuss." Her mother said in a serious tone. She was afraid because she was not used with serious discussions.
 

"Jash..." The nervousness on her heart started to invade her whole system, especially when she saw the tears from her parents' eyes.

She received a hug from them… a very tight hug. As if they wouldn’t see each other ever again.

"What's the problem, Mom and Dad?" She wasn’t able to hide the nervousness on her heart. She began crying even if she still doesn’t know what’s happening.

"We are not your real parents." Her whole life suddenly crashed into small pieces. She became numb at the moment, nothing to feel and nothing to say. She still couldn’t comprehend whatever words that are trying to get into her mind.

And when the reality crashed her mind, the cold floor touched her knees. She helplessly cried out loud… frustrated.

"Mom, Dad! Stop kidding around. This isn’t a good joke!" She shouted. She didn't know what to do.

Her perfect family crashed. She was crushed.

When she met her biological mother, she couldn't utter a single word.

She looks exactly like her.

That’s the reason why she doesn’t have a fair complexion like the Javier’s, that’s why she doesn’t look like them. That’s the reason why there is an unsolved puzzle inside her mind for the past years.

Her real mother hugged her tight, so tight that she was suffocated. Not with the hug, but because of the strange feeling inside her.

She had nothing else to do but to cry. How can she let go of the things she's used to. Letting go of a perfect thing is just plain stupidity. But in reality, she doesn’t have to let go of anything because she doesn’t even have that ‘anything’.

The day when she had to move to the Luna's house, the scene became more dramatic.

Her little sister cried and begged her to stay. Her brother hugged her tight. Her mother and her father cried the whole night, even the whole day.

How can she let go of her family? She doesn't want to be with her real family.

And when their hands separated, it was the most painful thing that happened to her.

Her real brother and sisters don't seem to care. They merely gave her a smile.

She didn’t have any interesting conversation with her real family. No matter how hard she tries to understand and accept them, she just can’t.

She still can't accept the cliché fact.

And when Monday came, it was a hell. She didn’t know the way to her prestigious school. When she finally got there, they said that she was transferred to a public school.

She learned that her real family kicked the Javier family out of her life, literally. When did they get that courage when they couldn’t even enroll here into a prestigious school?

She shouted at them, she misses every single thing in her life. The public school will never suit her. She was raised to excel, she was raised with a golden spoon in her mouth.

She went to her school with her branded bag. Her looks doesn’t suit the environment in their school. Everybody is looking at her with a curious face.

However, her sufferings are not yet done. Her friends are slowly drifting away from her.

Since she entered that public school, she became alone. Her friends in her past school see her as a trash that was being thrown away. It feels like she was just their friend because of money.

The hardest part is, when her best friend broke up with her. They value their best-friend-relationship more than anything. They had been best of friends for ten years.

And why did her friends suddenly drift away from her? Is it because she's too far now or because she doesn't have the golden crown on her head?

Is money really important for them? What should she do now? She doesn’t have any shoulder to cry on.

She felt the loneliness she never wanted to feel. This is one of the things that she is afraid of… being alone.

Until one day, Hale, her schoolmate in her past school has suddenly transferred into the public school. She was flabbergasted the moment she saw him. There is actually a rumor in their school that a rich and handsome guy is transferring in their school. She's not that close with Hale but they are friends. The big question is, why did he transfer?

Of course, Hale approached her when they saw each other.

"How are you?" She said she's okay, though she wasn't.

They got along. She felt so alone when Hale's not around.

Hale was sweet. He also became her laughing buddy. And for the second time, she felt so special… Too special that she thought something is special too.

"Are you suffering financially?" She joked. Hale gave her a laugh, but, he didn't answer her. That's why, she made a conclusion. She believed that Hale is now financially unstable like her.

She became close to Hale. Too close that she got herself attached. Too much attached that she can't even let go of him.

The special feeling and her attachment are drowning her slowly.

She got a little crush on Hale. Who wouldn’t? Well, Hale is handsome and an almost-perfect man. Hale Monteclaro is one of a good catch.

Her feelings for Hale grew much bigger and firmer. It looks like no one could even break the walls surrounding her feelings.

She began imagining her future with Hale. He would ask her to be his girlfriend. He would make her the most special girl. He would propose to her. He would give her three cute children and he would give her the happy ending she always wanted.

And out of the blue, while she was trying to sleep, she felt a soft thing on her lips.

For the moment, the world stops. She didn't bother to open her eyes. She was elated because of the feeling. Though, she didn't have a chance to see who kissed her. She was drowning to even open her eyes.

Then, she began to be curious about the guy. It was her first kiss that's why. She told Hale what happened.

In a very magical night, Hale called her. He said he wanted to see her. They met in the nearest park. When their eyes saw each other, imaginary fireworks and lights exist.

"Jashy." His voice was husky.

"Hale."

"Why are you doing this to me?" He asked her.

"Why are you making me so confused? Why?" She wants to answer him, but no words could escape her mouth.

"Why are you making me fall for you, over again? I thought I already forget this certain feeling that I have with you but, why do you keep on coming back?" She wanted to cry. She was overjoyed. Her heart is thumping so hard that she could be suffocated anytime.

"Why are you making me go crazy for you? Why are you making me so in love with you, Jashy?" She hugged him tightly and cried and cried. She couldn’t hide her feelings any longer.

He hugged me back. And they are just there, in the middle of a park.

"Can I court you, Jashy? I swear you wouldn’t regret saying yes." She laughed upon hearing it

"Of course, Hale."

"I’m sorry if I couldn’t resist your tempting lips last time." She wrinkled her forehead, but, the idea is invading her mind.

"Sorry for kissing you. You are too legitimate that time.” She blushes and she learned that she is the reason why Hale transferred into a public school. He sacrificed his own elegant education for her.

February 18, she decided to stop Hale. She doesn’t want to prolong Hale’s hardship that’s why she said the most magical word a man could ever hear.

"Hale, I love you." She said. Hale was flabbergasted and stunned. He didn't know what to say.

He hugged her and planted soft kisses on her lips.

"I love you Jashy."

 

And just like some other cliché love stories, Hale fell. 

 Hale fell out of love.

Hale give off all his love that’s why he gets drowned by his own feelings. He didn't survive, that's why he decided to just stop moving.

He decided to stop loving Jashy so that the water will be lessened and he will be able to breathe.

Jashy saw the changes. She felt that she is no longer the most special girl in Hale’s life.

"Hale, do we have a problem?" She asked when she finally accepted that maybe, something really changed. Or worse, something was gone.

"Jashy, I loved you."

She hugged Hale tightly, just like the way he hugged her the moment she said yes to him. For the nth time, she felt so temporary. She felt so dull. She thought that she was merely a food, digested and flushed in a toilet.

Deep inside, there is a toxic killing her heart. There is a poison that is making her life in danger.

One day, she woke up. All the love that a human could have had been drained out of her body. She couldn’t feel love that’s why she stopped producing it.

She lost her will to go to school. She lost her will to talk to anybody. She lost her will to live. She wanted something permanent and there is a specific place that could give her that.

She was craving for a permanent thing. She was hoping to be permanent. She was tired to be a temporary girl at everything. It is just so hard for her to be temporary to every single thing.

After all the pain, she thought she deserved to feel permanent.

She just wanted a place where everything is permanent.

A rope tied around her neck. She was standing in a small stool. A step from the stool will take her to the place where things are permanent and where people are permanent.

She is aware of where she is heading to. But, who cares? A step from the stool will change everything. A step from the stool will make her contented. Feeling and experiencing the feeling of being permanent is a huge satisfaction for her.

She wrote a letter to everyone before doing the most stupid thing in the world.

She wanted to say goodbye personally, but she couldn’t.

With a smile on her lips, with a bleeding arm, with a letters on her leg using a blade, with a simple goodbye, she took a step from the stool… and another step.

Then, the last thing was, her feet in the air and her last word, goodbye


Her lifeless body's hanging…

The promises were gone.

The love suddenly stopped.

The lovers failed.

Then, the permanent person arrived...

When everything's too late.

"Jashy!"

© 2017 Millennie Nieva


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on August 14, 2017
Last Updated on August 14, 2017

Author

Millennie Nieva
Millennie Nieva

Cavite, 4-A Calabarzon, Philippines



Writing