Chapter 1 Preview

Chapter 1 Preview

A Chapter by Millennium

Author Notes





This is your preview to the book. I’ve been kind of slacking with writing this since I have really harsh school work. If you want to get a chapter-by-chapter copy (basically, each chapter will be added to the doc when it’s finished), then just let me know. I’ll only be allowing it to three people since there won’t be a point to the preview if I do. Keep in mind, with that copy, I ask for general feedback each time a chapter is added.






Contact Info


Discord: Millennium#1886


How this books works
This book is a bit different than others.


1: Essentially, this book will have three different “segments”. Segments are basically intros to the main story. (NOTE: EACH CHAPTER IN SEGMENT THREE WILL NOTE THE CHARACTER IT’S FOCUSING ON)

Segment 1: Sebastian’s Tale. These chapters are based on Sebastian.
Segment 2: Chase’s Tale. These chapters are based on Chase.
Segment 3: Main Tale. These chapters will cover the rest of the cast.


2: This book will also have segments where I have chosen a soundtrack for you to listen to during a certain part of the chapter. It’s not required, just suggested. There will be a small message at the start of the chapter telling you to know when to start the song, and I will provide a link to the song. (This is an addition I decided to add, because someone I help edit for has implemented this into his works, and it’s actually a really nice touch.)



3: There will also be Latin references in this book, since I take Latin and it’s honestly pretty good. Along with mythology references.



4: I will provide a link to character bios at the beginning of the chapter the character debuts in.



























Segment One
Sebastian’s Tale






Chapter 1
Dreams of Death.

Takes place in Pyrona
The Fire Tribe's Capital
Sebastian Bio: (I can't include URLs, so I will be getting a fix for that)

In a dark cavern; facing a great trial, there was young man. His name was Sebastian. His appearance at the moment seemed rugged, and tired.
A mysterious voice echoed through the cavern, "So, you've entered the trial. Take a few seconds to take in the moment, for it's the last moment you'll experience. The light of day is something you'll never see, again!"
Sebastian gave no indication of fright. He stood there; calm, collected, and ready for anything. Then, out of nowhere, he was being attacked. He blocked most of the incoming attacks, while some landed, weakening him. He then took to a great offense, and defeated his attackers. But he was exhausted from the fight. But more kept coming, as if there were an infinite amount of them.
Eventually, one got through Sebastian's defenses, and stabbed him right through the stomach.
A maniacal laughter was echoing throughout the cave, and what could be heard over it, were these words: "I'm quite shocked you lasted for more than thirty seconds. I really am. But, your death was practically inevitable. Your tribe will surely miss you!"
Then, absolute darkness came to Sebastian, and he took his longest, and last breath, and he closed his eyes
and embraced the dark abyss. He thought he should be dead, yet he wasn't. Then his eyes opened and not realizing it was a dream at first, panicked as he awoke.

Throughout the quiet halls of the castle, the castle's workers were getting about to start their work for the day, and all the sudden, they heard a loud, masculine scream, followed by a "thump", as if something were hitting the floor. One of the maids, Daniella, rushed into Sebastian's bedroom.
"I couldn't care less if you're decent, I was there when you were born!" She went over to Sebastian to see him on the ground, rubbing his head wound from the fall.
He chuckled and said, "Well, I'm fine, thank you�"and I do have clothing on. I pretty much dropped onto the bed and passed out immediately after my workout, last night."
Daniella let out a sigh of relief. "You really should be more concerned about your health, you know. You're the only heir for our tribe, and your parents are much too old for another child" she said.
Sebastian being annoyed at her fussing, only nodded. He stood up, and he felt like he hadn't gotten more than an hour of sleep.
"Is my mother about?" Sebastian asked, with a more concerned tone than usual. Sebastian's been having dreams like this lately. Although, they happen in many different locations. Sometimes in places he's never even imagined, or read of. Yet, it all seemed so realistic. The sting of the blade pierced right through his stomach, the blood that splatters onto him from his enemies, and that devilish, cold voice. The same voice has been in every dream he's had for the past week. Nobody he's ever heard comes close to having that voice. After a few seconds of asking the question, Sebastian went into his own world.
"Yes, she's helping prepare for the Feast of Flaming Hearts." She replied almost immediately. Sebastian didn't hear her, and just stood there, and looked as if she hadn't said anything. She repeated herself three more times until she went into his bathroom, and soaked a rag. She came back out and wrung the rag over him.
Sebastian immediately came back to reality. He chuckled, "Did I go into my little trance again?" Daniella gave a laugh, and nodded. "Sorry about that. I don't know what's been coming over me, lately" he said untruthfully.
"Your mother is helping prepare the village for the festival. As YOU should be! You're a strong young man, I don't know why you don't use your abilities the way you should!"
Sebastian just stared in disbelief that he of all people was getting this lecture. He's one of most responsible, and logical royals in the land. Always staying up as late as he can training, and usually joins the morning training sessions that are for the soldiers. A common training regimen. Unfit for a royal of his class. A royal who's the immediate, and only heir to the throne. Yet, he always lowers himself to the common folk. Nobody ever understood why, but he always insisted on being treated as a normal person.
"I hope you remember you're only two years older than I am." Sebastian said, as he chuckled. "I intended on helping with the festival, but training pre-occupied me."
Daniela only stared at him with a look of disappointment. "I'm not your mother, so I can't tell you what to do. I only suggested that you should help." She left the room after saying this. Sebastian went ahead and changed into a different training garment, so he could help finish setting up for the festival. He put on his belt, with the special sheathe attached to it, for his divine blade: Dracofier. Usually he just takes an ordinary rapier if he's going out, but for this grand occasion, he decided to take Dracofier. The halls were much more quiet than they usually are. They're usually filled with the sound of footsteps from the castle's workers. But most of them are helping prepare for the festival. Sebastian enjoyed the change of pace. Usually the maids would try to start conversation with him, just so they could flirt with him. Which is something he absolutely can't stand. But he remains quiet about it, just to keep the castle staff happy, so they wouldn't slack on their duties.


One time, one of the maids actually asked him to go to dinner with him.

"Milord, if you're not too busy, tonight... Would you like to have a meal with me?"
She asked him. Sebastian's face turned beet red, right as she asked.
"I uh, am honored that you would want to spend the evening with me. But I'm afraid a commoner courting a royal is against our tribe's law... So sorry."
She ran off to her room in tears. Daniella heard of this incident and intended to fire her. But Sebastian stepped in, and told Daniella to let her keep her job. Other events, such as a maid purposely dropping stuff, just to get his attention, have also occurred. One time it happened, the maid actually broke a family heirloom dish. But the royalty of the fire tribe are very forgiving people, and it was easily let off the hook, as if it didn't even happen.



Suddenly, a maid ran up to Sebastian, and she was pale as a ghost. "Milord! I must have a private word with you!"
Sebastian knew this was urgent, so he didn't hesitate to give a response. "Of course, Loraine." They walked into his chamber, and made sure nobody was outside of the door. "Alright. I can tell this is serious, so why didn't you take this to my father?" He asked.
"Because, he's not the most patient man towards the staff." She replied. Sebastian was aware of this, and gave her a signal to continue talking. "We've had word that our messengers did arrive to Queen Rose... But they sent us a messenger to deliver this news..."
Sebastian seemed perplexed. "And why is that?" He asked her.
"Because...ours were dead when they arrived. It sounds crazy, but they were sort of like...undead. I'm not sure of all the details, so I trust you'll talk to them of this, on your next trip to the Life's Hollow?"
Sebastian sensed absolute truth in all of her words. "Not only will I do that; I will also depart tomorrow." He said to her. "Now, carry on with your work, and make sure no other soul in our tribe knows of this...event." The maid nodded, and left his chamber.

After she left, Sebastian started to think to himself. “Great. That's all I need after this festival. After going through a literal purgatory, I have to deal with undead? My week just doesn't stop improving. Sometimes I hate being the 'face of the kingdom'. Always having to make my step-father look like a good King; when in reality, he's very cruel to his staff. When I ascend to the throne, I'll make sure I change that. I'll make sure our staff are treated like our visitors. Well fed, and given a decent room to live in. It's not like we can't use our land for something worthwhile, instead of another dueling arena for my dad to show me off in." Sebastian went outside and walked over to the town square, to help with the preparations.




(THIS CHAPTER IS NOT COMPLETE, BUT IT IS AS FAR AS THE PREVIEW GOES. NOTE: MAJOR EDITS WILL BE DONE TO THE PARTS IN THIS PREVIEW)


© 2018 Millennium


Author's Note

Millennium
This is copy and pasted from docs, so don't mind formatting errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on April 16, 2018
Last Updated on April 16, 2018


Author

Millennium
Millennium

OH



About
16 | Photographer | Writer | Concession Worker | Scorekeeper | Lifeguard-To-Be more..

Writing